Clockwork

by Yehn

Changes the parameters of the solar cycle: Make days longer or shorter and control what portion of the cycle is night. Make nights darker if you like. Includes an optional Sun Never Rises mode.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.16 - 1.1
Environment

g Personal batteries charged with solar

4 years ago

Hi, am I right that the mod does not increase the personal batteries maximum charge in the same vein as it does for accumulators? At least, the max charge indicated in game is the same as in vanilla (20MJ/100MJ).

Thanks for the mod :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi there,

Yes, that is correct. Accumulators are adjusted in this way because people have carefully designed blueprints to achieve as close to perfect a ratio as they can - and without this, it would make all those blueprints useless.

If you use accumulators as only batteries (say, to handle surges from laser turrets going active), and not with solar, it's a bit OP. Personal armor batteries are not adjusted because they don't have a cyclic ratio like their on-the-ground counterparts.

With that said, this is a feature I could add if there's desire for it. But it comes with the same kind of caveat. With fusion reactors, it'd be a bit OP.

4 years ago

Hey, thanks for the response! I already kind of figured the answer to my question would be a consideration rather than an oversight.

Anyway, my issue is only temporary until I get to fusion reactors. And I agree, batteries with four times the capacity would be silly at that point.

3 years ago

I realize this is a bit old. There are mods to add generators to equipment. My current favorite being "Portable power".

New response