Clear Skies of Peace - Toggle Fog of War

by Qon

A shortcut button and a hotkey (default F7) for toggling Fog of War. Now you can actually place blueprints anywhere on the map view without them being cut off and requiring multiple placements. Like having radars everywhere at no cost. Simple toggle so you can disable it anytime you are not placing blueprints on map in case you want to use radars primarily.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Cheats

g Problem with rechart() on large explored maps

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi, thank you for this mod, I like it a lot.

One thing of note is that the rechart() command seems to have a significantly lower duration of its refresh than the chart_all() command. This manifests in the game as a constant refogging of the map every 5 or so seconds, for a fraction of a second or so, when the mod is set to 'Discovered'. When the mod is set to 'Generated' this does not happen, the map reveal is permanent and uninterrupted.

At a guess, this might be happening to me, and not the general userbase of the mod, because of the large size of my explored map. The rechart() command sends a very visible, noticeable 'wipe' across the screen, that takes several seconds to travel across the screen, and a new 'wipe' is not started until the old one has completely finished. Meaning, the size of the explored map acts as a limiting or delaying factor on how quickly rechart() can be applied again.

Not sure if this even is fixable on your end, but figured I'd note it anyway. Mod works fine for me in 'Generated' mode, btw, this above was not a complaint, as such, ty again.

2 years ago

Thanks for enjoying my mod. Yes, I've noticed that as well. Even with really big maps the sweep is still fast enough to keep everything up to date and I can still zoom-to-world view everywhere so it has no gameplay impact. At least for me and my map sizes. Has any part of the map been updated slowly enough that it fades out enough for the zoom-to-world functionality to stop working for you?

New response