Clear Skies of Peace - Toggle Fog of War

by Qon

A shortcut button and a hotkey (default F7) for toggling Fog of War. Now you can actually place blueprints anywhere on the map view without them being cut off and requiring multiple placements. Like having radars everywhere at no cost. Simple toggle so you can disable it anytime you are not placing blueprints on map in case you want to use radars primarily.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Cheats

i Auto-Toggle

3 years ago

How about an auto-activate function that toggles it on/off based on if cursor_stack is a selection tool? Or based on if the player is in map view (hm...thought it seems that would need an interface request).

3 years ago

I considered it. But then I realised that it would be effectively the same as having it on all the time so I didn't see the point.

What's the use case? Performance? It's not having a big impact at all when I checked.

3 years ago

More like...immersion/balance. It's a workaround for the weird design decision of not being allowed to build into for anymore and it feels wrong/cheaty to have it always on. (And pressing hotkeys is so 90's :p).

3 years ago

I agree with your point of what you want to achieve. But I don't see how not updating the map when you aren't looking at it would make you feel like you are cheating less. If I claimed that the mod aleeady has the feature that you are asking for then would that satisfy you? You can't see that it's a lie without looking at the source code.

New response