Circuit Power Measurement Pole deprecated

by mk-fg

[DEPRECATED] Adds Small 'Smart Meter' Electric Pole that transmits electrical network power production info to any constant combinator within its range.

Content
4 years ago
Circuit network

i Finally a decent power measure mod

4 years ago

Hello, thank u for your mod, it is preety neat and can help with controlling a factory even more, but can something be done about this power pole graphics? I woudnt even mind a 2x2 building to measure the power (similarish to power switch in vannilla?) or at least switching to medium one. Wooden power poles does not look good near nuclear reactor setups :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Yeah, I think it was ~3am when I was playing and thought to look for such measuring mod, then wrote this one, so didn't really think much about graphics, just slapped 3 green brush strokes in gimp as an overlay on top of vanilla pole.

It's probably best to sidestep the issue entirely and make a different mod called "power measuring combinator", which would, instead of unique pole, add/track special recolored/remodelled constant combinators, grabbing power grid stats from any closest pole-type building to them.
That should work with any poles, including modded ones, and combinator thingies should fit anywhere.

It's an easy change, but should probably be a separate mod, as don't think it'd be a good idea to change whole mod like that, including the name and how it works in any existing games.

Iirc there was a subforum with sprite/graphics requests, guess I'll check if there's anything to pickup there for alternate constant combinator sprites, as simple recolor is kinda lazy, and it'd be more work to make a decent model in blender that'd look sharp on small sprites than everything else about this mod combined :)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Alternative combinator-only mod version:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Circuit_Power_Measurement_Combinator

Didn't find any fancy combinator sprites, alas, so just recolored vanilla combinator and added a small decal on top. Should probably fit with any base layout, as it doesn't require any specific poles anymore, as mentioned.

4 years ago

really nice, well-done mate :)

New response