Circuit Power Measurement Pole deprecated

by mk-fg

[DEPRECATED] Adds Small 'Smart Meter' Electric Pole that transmits electrical network power production info to any constant combinator within its range.

Content
4 years ago
Circuit network

b crash with bio industries mod

4 years ago

crash when placing constant combinator in combination with bio industries mod. log collected from factorio-current, removed mod for remaining playthrough.

3105.292 Error MainLoop.cpp:1183: Exception at tick 1061160: The mod Circuit Power Measurement Pole caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Circuit_Power_Measurement_Pole::on_nth_tick(60)
Unknown item name: bi-bio-farm-solar-panel
stack traceback:
Circuit_Power_Measurement_Pole/control.lua:140: in function 'update_pole_signal'
Circuit_Power_Measurement_Pole/control.lua:174: in function <Circuit_Power_Measurement_Pole/control.lua:144>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'newindex'
__Circuit_Power_Measurement_Pole
/control.lua:140: in function 'update_pole_signal'
Circuit_Power_Measurement_Pole/control.lua:174: in function <Circuit_Power_Measurement_Pole/control.lua:144

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hm, weird how it can't find "bi-bio-farm-solar-panel" entity when it's reported as producing the power on the grid by the game.
Guess I'll test the two mods together, see if it might be some quirk of entity naming, and if not, probably just have pole sending some kind of "other" signal for power-producing entities that can't be used like that for some reason.
Thanks for reporting.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Should be fixed in 0.0.5.

Problem seem to be due to mod using entity which has no corresponding placeable item, which can't be used as a signal here.
Fixed by adding "O" signal (stands for "others") which represents a sum of all such unconventional not-on-map power-producing entities from mods.

There's no good way to tell them apart on the circuit network, as there're no corresponding signals, beyond assigning random letters to each maybe, which I suspect will be more confusing than useful, as hopefully they're rare enough and people don't need to tell stuff apart often anyway.

Tested with bio-farm building from this mod, seem to work, but do let me know if there might be any issues.

New response