ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines

by Qon

Chunk aligned blueprints? Display chunk lines without the annoying tile lines that the debug option adds. Configurable grids at any sizes if your blueprints are substation, chunk, roboport or radar sized (or any other size)!

Utilities
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g Seems to work on 1.1.1 fine

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

... I just unzipped the mod directly into the mods folder, ie, its now a folder full of files and not a single ZIP file, and I just named it "ChunkyChunks_1.4.3" - I simply decided to UP the version number by a small amount as not to mix them - and changed a single line in INFO.JSON to "version": "1.4.3",
and I have not had any errors or crashes so far, and I have used it for a number of hours now, moving around the map and what not.

Just posting this here for people that want to use it NOW while waiting for the original author to make official update.

I have a save game where I work on a "Quarter Chunk" EVERYTHING Modular base, and I REALLY need to see a grid at all times. I have a primary grid set to 32 and a sub-grid set at 16 (Quarter Chunks)

https://imgur.com/9N4vZpR

3 years ago

I'm planning on updating soon :)

3 years ago

@Qon, what is soon looking like? :) I holding off posting a "fixed" mod since you're planning on updating. Would rather see the original updated, than a repost of a "fixed" mod. Only thing that seems to be needed to get the ball rolling is adjusting the version in info.json.

3 years ago

Things happened IRL. I thought I would have my mods updated within a few days.

Downloading 1.1 now so I can test that things load. But it's probably going to be just version number changes for most of my mods.

3 years ago

Updated!

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Something is not right with this. I can't remove center marks of grid 1. Some aren't even full squares and they draw bright green. None of the 3 grids are set to that color. I did try disabling, enabling and disabling all the center marks but to no avail.
https://i.imgur.com/qjYGIJw.png

My guess is that the graphics aren't reset properly when settings are changed.

3 years ago

It has worked for me always, and still seems to work for me. The code removes lines spread out over several ticks, but if the settings change while a batch of lines are in queue for deletion those old lines are all immediately cleared to make sure the state of the line database is always consisten to prevent this kind of error.

Also, any update of the mod will do a hard reset of all lines and the entire state of the database wiped out and initialised from scratch. So if I try a fix I won't know if it really works since just a version number change will "fix" it even if no code is changed. So I would need your savefile to be able to actually debug this issue properly.

What happens if you toggle all grids off completely? (with hotkey or shortcut button or by setting all grids to "off") and wait a few seconds?

New response