ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines

by Qon

Chunk aligned blueprints? Display chunk lines without the annoying tile lines that the debug option adds. Configurable grids at any sizes if your blueprints are substation, chunk, roboport or radar sized (or any other size)!

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g [Implemented] Please bring back the Togglebutton

3 years ago

With the Last update the Togglebutton got removed. To be Honest, i absolutly disagree with this change since i am always playing with Alt-mode on but dont want to see the Grid always.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

Some has been written about this topic in another thread already. But I'm thinking about how to bring the shortcut button and hotkey back.

3 years ago

Ok i didn't see that thread. I have the same opinion and mostly the same usecase as sonaxaton, but i also see your point of performance.
Also it's very cool thats we can now use the grid globaly.

Would it be an Option to add a Mapsetting "Deactivate Toggle Button"? This way a serveradmin could deactivate the button for everyone when he runs into performance issues.

3 years ago

Ok i didn't see that thread.

Well it's named for a tangentially related feature so I'm not surprised. It's not really a thread duplication, the other thread changed topic to this.

Would it be an Option to add a Mapsetting "Deactivate Toggle Button"? This way a serveradmin could deactivate the button for everyone when he runs into performance issues.

Maybe. But I'd rather spend my time actually fixing it as well as possible instead of spending time on implementing temporary workarounds to problems I'm later deleting. I need to do some more investigating to see what techniques are worth considering further.

3 years ago

Version: 1.4.3
Date: 2020-08-17 19:34
Bugfixes:
- Fixed missing check for deleted surfaces, thanks HanBai for the report
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ChunkyChunks/discussion/5f3abb45b7a232fc87dcb54e
Features:
- Shortcut and hotkey toggles are back. But they are not optimised yet, so don't spam them
too much ;> They kind of slipped in since they were kind of implemented and I had to fix the bug.

New response