ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines

by Qon

Chunk aligned blueprints? Display chunk lines without the annoying tile lines that the debug option adds. Configurable grids at any sizes if your blueprints are substation, chunk, roboport or radar sized (or any other size)!

Utilities
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

b [Resolved] Error on Start of a new Map

3 years ago

Probably a conflict between mods - here is the error details. Any insights would be amazing!

322.939 Error MainLoop.cpp:1207: Exception at tick 0: The mod ChunkyChunks - Configurable Geodesic Grid (1.4.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ChunkyChunks::on_tick (ID 0)
ChunkyChunks/control.lua:200: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
ChunkyChunks/control.lua:200: in function <ChunkyChunks/control.lua:191>

3 years ago

Thanks for the report! I'm working on a fix :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

ChunkyChunks v1.4.1 released and it fixes the issue! Took me 10 minutes, including the 1 minute it took me to read the report after you wrote it and the 2 minutes it took me to write the first reply xD

3 years ago

Holy crow you're fast man!! Thank you!! Confirmed fixed - love your mod !! :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Glad you enjoy it! Do you like the new features and updates? The latest updates took some effort to develop but I think it turned out great. Some might miss having a separate toggle for ALT-mode and the ChunkyChunks grids, but this is simpler and cleaner and the only real way to have the new performance and features with v1.4.0 possible.

Version: 1.4.0
Date: 2020-08-01 13:23
Major Features:
- Global grid! Now you can pan anywhere on the map (when zoomed-to-world) and see your grids!
Thanks ZZaphodd for the suggestion.
Optimisations:
- ChunkyChunks only does things when you change your settings now, so CPU time should drop to near 0
except for some seconds after changing your settings.
Changes:
- Toggling grids with shortcut and hotkey are removed. Instead a new setting is used:
Grids are enabled when ALT-mode is enabled, always on or the grid is simply disabled.
Thanks slippycheeze for the suggestion!

Version: 1.3.0
Features:
- Option to have crosses (+) in the corners instead of filled in lines. Set spacing to a
negative number to set the size of the cross.

3 years ago

Love the new features - excellent design, and easy to configure and setup - all those pretty lines to satisfy my pseudo OCD needs ^_^

Definitely a Mod I won't go without anymore - it's too practical :)

3 years ago

Great! :)

3 years ago

Similar problem:

Error while running event ChunkyChunks::on_tick (ID 0)
ChunkyChunks/control.lua:229: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
ChunkyChunks/control.lua:229: in function <ChunkyChunks/control.lua:217>

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Similar problem:

Can you post the whole error message please?
And full steps to reproduce. I can start new maps just fine without error. And the source code looks perfect to me...

3 years ago

Sorry, there is a problem with the old map scene, not a MOD problem。。

-----I use Google Translate

3 years ago

Ok, thanks.

This thread has been locked.