ChunkyChunks - Configurable Gridlines

by Qon

Chunk aligned blueprints? Display chunk lines without the annoying tile lines that the debug option adds. Configurable grids at any sizes if your blueprints are substation, chunk, roboport or radar sized (or any other size)!

Utilities
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

i [Implemented] Is Alpha channel something that could be set?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Sorry, I read through the version notes and found the reason why Alpha option is off for now.

When using "/color x y z a" the last (alpha) does not do anything to gridlines, so I simply assume it's not taken into account or maybe it can't be done?
Simply wondering as I thought it would be great to just run a low-er visibility more ghost-y grid at ALL times.

4 years ago

You can use alpha < 1 if you want to if you set the colour explicitly in the options. That change was made so the lines wouldn't disappear if you changed your player colour to "0 0 0 0" but still wanted lines. The line colour setting (mod settings > player settings) doesn't force alpha to 1 though.

Your colour can't be full brightness though for Factorio to render it transparently. So use something like "0.5 0 0 0.5" instead of "1 0 0 0.5" if you want green transparent lines. Just how Factorio does it.

4 years ago

oh ok, I hadnt realized. thank you for reply.

New response