Burner Generator

by rophl

Power your armor with fossil fuels as a midpoint between solar panels and fusion generators.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Armor

g Question: Should the Generator burn fuel all the time?

3 years ago

I noticed that your generator never shuts off. Even when all of my batteries are charged and all of my gear is at full power and not being used, the generator still burns at a constant rate. Is this an intentional balance decision?

P.S. I love your mod. It's equal parts hilarious and actually useful :)

3 years ago

It should shut off, or at least I didn't add any constant consumption intentionally. Perhaps you have night-vision switched on or something else with a slow draw? And thanks :)

3 years ago

Thanks for the tip. I tracked down a constant drain on my suit energy, and it wasn't the Night Vision Goggles. It's the Belt Immunity upgrade. For whatever reason, that drains energy constantly even when it's not actually being used (I'm not standing on any belts), which is what's causing the constant fuel burn. That's not at all related to your mod, but it's also kind of an odd design. The Exoskeleton doesn't drain my battery when I'm not moving, after all. I wonder if that thing's worth keeping, in that case.

I'm carting around two burners right now, which I REALLY do need to support my fancy new Roboports :)

3 years ago

Great to hear you're finding it useful.

New response