Broodmother

by Qon

Broodmother is a spidertron that spawns baby spidertons that will follow their mother and attack for her. They get the same equipment (free, can't be taken out) as the mother and same ammo loadout (taken from her trunk).

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Combat

i [Implemented] compatibility with bobs mods

3 years ago

any chance for compatibility with this mod.. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobvehicleequipment

and any chance of a custom grid

3 years ago

The grid size is the same as regular spidertron, so if a mod changes spidertron grid size then those changes just need to load first. I might consider independent grid size settings for Broodmother, but the current grid size is already enough to completely obliterate vanilla natives with basically no risk.

Any equipment the player insert into the broodmother will work fine in her. The copied equipment in baby spiders will also work if the equipment is simple numbers tweaked copies of vanilla equipment. If it's equipment that needs lua code to implement new features then it's impossible with the current mod API to make it work without major performance issues.

3 years ago

any chance for compatibility with this mod

Yes, already compatible! So I checked the source code of Bob's Vehicle Equipment. It has no control.lua file, so I expect it to be fully compatible no matter what kind of equipment Bobingabout made with it, both in Broodmother and in the baby spiders :)

3 years ago

hi thanks for the reply

i think you looked at a different mod... and i think you looked at this one... https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobequipment with bobs mods this is for the players personal equipment with power armor. and yes your Brood mother mod is currently compatible with it.

however i was wondering instead of personal equipment mod you can make it so that this mod. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/bobvehicleequipment would be the equipment set for broodmother instead since if the said mod is installed vanilla spidertron uses the later mod instead of the same equipment set for the player,

ty in advance

3 years ago

I followed your link.

I checked the code some more. Apparently bob is restricting his equipment to specific vehicles (grids) in Bob's Vehicle Equipment. So bob's mod is changing spidertron grid into a new type to achieve this. Adding a conditional dependency on his mod should fix mod loading order to fix this.

Version: 1.0.5
Date: 2020-09-11 17:00
Changes:
- Added optional dependency on bobvehicleequipment upon request by
BaneInUrArse

Should work, fingers crossed :)

3 years ago

i updated the mod just now, checked on creative mod and still broodmother is still using the personal equipments mod and not the vehiclesquipment mod, i checked the mod settings and there is no option to opt for the vehicles mod instead for broodmother

3 years ago

Ok, thanks for notifying me. And thanks for your patience. I didn't have time to actually test it before, so I missed renaming a file. I have tested it and confirmed that it works now! Enjoy! :D

Version: 1.0.6
Date: 2020-09-12 18:51
Bugfixes:
- Moved code to data-updates so that mods that modify spidertron in data-updates (and load before)
will actually have the changes applied to the Broodmother and baby spiders also.

3 years ago

tyvm it works now

New response