Bottleneck

by trold

A tool for locating input starved machines.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

g Degraded performance in 0.16.51

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'm experiencing high performance impact of 0.9.1 in Factorio 0.16.51.

On a quite new map I have FPS drops from 60 down to 35 or so. The drops are unregular and manifest more over time, after an hour of playing or so. Having a small mining outpost on my screen triggers the drops. Moving the screen away restores the FPS to 60 again.

The time-usage stats imply that bottleneck is responsible (screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/tCWz0ZP. Note: the problem does not appear in this instance as I restarted the game recently). Disabling the mod prevents the problems indeed.

A fix would be greatly appreciated. I'm not familiar with profiling Lua (or writing), but I'd be willing to provide any information required.

Edit: It might have something to do with dense forrests. That's where I'm noticing the lags the most.

5 years ago

It's still happening for me with 0.9.3. Even with as little as 10-20 buildings that have the indicator, Bottleneck contributes to around 30% of my update time (stats similiar to those muhbaasu posted above). I've tried to get rid of all trees on a map via command and it's not helping.

New response