Bottleneck

by trold

A tool for locating input starved machines.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

i [Resolved] Toggle via detailed info key (by default left alt)

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I know this feature was suggested previously but that thread is 8 months old now.

Normally information is not overlaid on top of sprites outside of detailed info mode unless it's a warning or error, so it makes sense for Bottleneck to at least optionally behave this way. A separate toggle key for Bottleneck would also suffice. You [trold] did mention in the previous thread that Bottleneck had a toggle button but I have not had any luck funding it in the controls settings, although I think you could have also meant the 'Bottleneck Show' checkbox in the mod settings which is not in the controls settings and therefore not bindable to a key, so it is unclear what you meant.

6 years ago

Unfortunately, it isn't possible to have the lights in the detailed info layer (for any mod; not just Bottleneck), so we have to make do with a seperate toggle key. The hotkey was disabled when the mod changed to use the options menu. I'm struggling a bit with getting the hotkey to play nice with the options menu, but it should be in the next release.

6 years ago

Good to know I wasn't just momentarily blind whilst looking for the toggle key in the controls settings. I look forward it hopefully being reinstated in the next release then, thank you trold.

6 years ago

Bump, we had to disable the mod entirely in multiplayer because apparently only the admin can toggle it for everyone else or nobody. it's pretty annoying i love the mod but it annoy some people and since we can't have it per player it's disabled now.

6 years ago

There is nothing the modders can do about the "per player" feature, so you'll have to live without it.

6 years ago

Also the toggle hotkey which did the same thing had the same .admin checks in it for the longest time.

6 years ago

settings.get_player_settings ? i'll check the github later

New response