Bottleneck

by trold

A tool for locating input starved machines.

Utilities
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1

b reduced performance with latest update

7 years ago

Hi, I'm just writing here to let you know I updated to your latest version from the last one and I'm now having performance issues. My FPS/UPS, on single player, is usually a solid 60, 59 sometimes, but with your new version for some reason the fps/ups drops to 53 then spikes back to 60, then back down causing what feels like lag. I don't know what's causing it, but, disabling it fixed the issue. Just thought I'd let you know.

7 years ago

Nevermind, it seems toggling the mod and reloading fixed it. Sorry!

7 years ago

Thank you for letting me know. The latest update changed from storing everything in a list to storing it in a table. This was done for two reasons:
1) removing an element at a given index of a list is slow, which might cause a lag spike on large bases
2) finding an element to be removed in a list is slow, so lights from entities that had been mined/destroyed was allowed to survive until the next time they were to be updated.
The change has caused slightly higher CPU load in general (est. +5%), but hopefully with fewer spikes. I had a hard time benchmarking this, so any observations are helpful here.

7 years ago

I have removed the 0.5.0 update until further notice, since it appears to have a weird bug, with some signals not updating.

New response