Booktorio deprecated

Deprecated in favor of the built-in Tips and Tricks interface.

Tweaks
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1

i [Done] Support for 1.1?

3 years ago

Hi - will there be an update for factorio 1.1?

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Hi PreLeyZero,
The true question is; is it useful to anyone?
In the update 1.1 of Factorio dev add the tip and trick menu, that can be modded adding new topics, as far as for me is incompleted and very uncustomizable, is standard and implemented in the base game.
Actually I don't know mods that really use Booktorio, and newcomers will definitely want to use the vanilla feature, so if I got different request to update Booktorio then I will do it, but actually, seems a waste of time, because if only one mod need this "framework", for me can upgrade his licence to GNU GPLv3 and copy Booktorio code.

3 years ago

Hi PreLeyZero,
The true question is; is it useful to anyone?
In the update 1.1 of Factorio dev add the tip and trick menu, that can be modded adding new topics, as far as for me is incompleted and very uncustomizable, is standard and implemented in the base game.
Actually I don't know mods that really use Booktorio, and newcomers will definitely want to use the vanilla feature, so if I got different request to update Booktorio then I will do it, but actually, seems a waste of time, because if only one mod need this "framework", for me can upgrade his licence to GNU GPLv3 and copy Booktorio code.

Ah i see - thank you for the quick reply.
I dont like the new tip and trick menu in comparison to booktorio to be honest, but it will eventually get more support from factorio devs itself so ur probably right. Eventhough thank you for having made booktorio in the firstplace, I really liked it!

Linver β˜†
3 years ago

Done

3 years ago

Done

nice ty!

New response