The Blueprint Designer Lab

Enter your lab to design your blueprints. Mod updated for the 4th by daniel90c and minno. Please be gentle, the lab guy has been to places.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Blueprints

a Announcing a modern replacement: Blueprint Sandboxes

2 years ago

It appears that this mod is dead, after being kept on life-support for quite some time. I loved this mod, probably more than I loved the "original" in my mind, when you can open any Blueprint in an Editor to tweak it quickly. This serves that purpose, and more. Many users love this mod too, some enough to dedicate extra time outside of their Factory keeping this alive for themselves - and others - to continue using. I must start by giving thanks to everyone involved, because without them, I would not have this announcement to make, nor of course the many great hours spent inside of the "Labs."

I don't mean to criticize with these statements, but there are numerous issues that I encountered, a few that were enough to develop interesting workarounds for, but they all remain frustrating. At a certain point, I looked into fixing those issues; since it was clear that this is yet again unmaintained and also burdened by its own history, that likely meant another fork of this same mod and with a few layers of hardened duct-tape.

With those issues in mind, plans to fix issues that others were having, dreams to implement new features that others suggested, and my own play-testing, I am extremely happy to announce that I have built my first mod for Factorio, Blueprint Sandboxes, which can be considered a love-letter to this mod and those that inspired it. I really hope that you enjoy it!

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/blueprint-sandboxes

a month ago

Nearly two years later and we can see that bugs are still reported on this mod, yet it's more clear now that it is abandoned. This is a bump to jump over those threads that have no resolution.

New response