The Blueprint Designer Lab

Enter your lab to design your blueprints. Mod updated for the 4th by daniel90c and minno. Please be gentle, the lab guy has been to places.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Blueprints

g Reset the BDL

2 years ago

I am using this with Santa's Nixie Tube Display. I had placed the SNTD in the Lab - but now it (SNTD) crashes the game.

Is there a way to "reset" the lab layout? I have already tried it by removing the mod, saving it, reloading, re-adding the mod, only to see the same entities.

2 years ago

Did you remove this mod, or the SNTD mod? If you removed this mod, I would not expect that to work, since the actual Surface that was created still exists and won't be automatically cleaned up by anything. If you can find a nice way to remove that Surface (I'm not sure if you care about achievements), that would be the way to handle this cleanly. Otherwise, you'd have to remove SNTD to remove the Entities it created, but I assume that'd be more harmful.

In any case, if you can provide the error message and stack trace for the crash, we can help further.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi,

I had also posted a bug report on the SNTD - but yet to receive a response. Here is it:

1570.840 Error MainLoop.cpp:1284: Exception at tick 108554332: The mod Santa's Nixie Tube Display (0.1.12) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event SantasNixieTubeDisplay::script_raised_destroy (ID 79)
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:29: in function 'removeNixieSprites'
SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:234: in function <SantasNixieTubeDisplay/control.lua:230>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'raise_event'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/common.lua:36: in function 'DestroyEntity'
BlueprintLab_design/scripts/lab-effects.lua:76: in function <BlueprintLab_design/scripts/lab-effects.lua:65>

I wouldn't mind to loose achievements, I already had used the /editor to fix another issue with another mod.
I did only remove BDL, not SNTD - as you say, that would be a bit harmful.

Mind if you provide instructions how to delete the BDL surface please?
Seems it is a pure SNTD implementation issue, less a problem directly with BDL - it's crashing at SNTD entities only,
the BDL failure is just a symptom of the SNTD failure.

2 years ago

I should also point out that the DestroyEntity implementation in this mod is not 100% correct; it will raise the Event separately from the Destroy itself, which can cause problems like this. Both mods could be at fault, tho.

In the Editor, swap to the Surfaces icon, then select the Surfaces prefixed with something like BPL, and Delete each of them. However, I'm just thinking that as soon as you select that Surface, it might crash there?

If so, you can still use a command, as long as you know the name of the Surface (that dropdown from the Editor is a fine way to see them): /c game.delete_surface("name-of-surface-here")

2 years ago

The editor trick worked for me just fine, thank you.
This is what I had to do:

1. From "real world" -> /editor
  2. Choose "Surfaces" then "BPL..."
  3. "Remove all entities" - this didn't crash it.
  4. Choose your "regular" surface
  5. Leave the editor

Quite funny, you could actually manage to "teleport" your real body into the lab in fact...

New response