The Blueprint Designer Lab

Enter your lab to design your blueprints. Mod updated for the 4th by daniel90c and minno. Please be gentle, the lab guy has been to places.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Blueprints

b Crash when dragging belt with smart undergroundies on

2 years ago

The game crashes with no error message everytime I drag a belt across an obstruction (1.1. smart belt dragging is on).

Expected beahviour: when dragging a belt with 1.1 smart belt dragging on, undergroundies should be built as in default game

Hope this helps, do let me know if I can help with any logs/info

Awesome mod! I use it WAY TOO MUCH compared to other mods (and usually spend hours in the lab before coming up with my bp's :P). Thanks so much for supporting it!

2 years ago

Yeah, I too have this problem, when dragging a belt to get it to go underground it crashes at the exit, it does not happen always. Usually I can build for hours without interruptions, however, once a crash happens it will occur again. I do not know what triggers it nor what makes it go away.

2 years ago

Yeah, I too have this problem, when dragging a belt to get it to go underground it crashes at the exit, it does not happen always. Usually I can build for hours without interruptions, however, once a crash happens it will occur again. I do not know what triggers it nor what makes it go away.

Edit: it seems to happen when building belts with ghosts

2 years ago

This issue irritated me enough that it was one of the larger reasons I decided to build my own mod to replace this one (and yes, I've fixed this). I don't want to spam this board, but I did want to call out what was going on here. It might be worth a deeper investigation to submit a bug-report to Wube.

I believe it occurs due to an order-of-operations issue, because this mod listens for Upgrade, Deconstruct, and Construct events in order to "finish" them in-case they were ghosts. The Smart-Belts setting does something very unique whenever it "replaces" a Belt with an Underground Belt. It's specifically the Construct portion that completely crashes the game, and I couldn't gather enough information on the exact order-of-operations, but I do know for-sure that delaying the Construct at-least-one-tick completely avoids the bug. I've handled that within my own mod for greater compatibility, but I also want to attempt submitting a bug-report too.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/blueprint-sandboxes

2 years ago

Hmm.. interesting.

In the meantime, I've been using Raiguard's Editor Extensions mod (I recently found that there are non-default player and map settings to spawn you into a force shared or private sandbox with no inventory sync). Mostly does the job but enables all researches in sandbox which suddenly bumps up my RPG mod XP level to much higher.

I'll give your mod a try as well. I appreciate that it's minimalistic (looking at the screenshots)

New response