The Blueprint Designer Lab

Enter your lab to design your blueprints. Mod updated for the 4th by daniel90c and minno. Please be gentle, the lab guy has been to places.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Blueprints

g IMPORTANT: Your blueprints are at risk! (please fix)

3 years ago

Hi, i really really love this mod, but i just lost a whole Blueprints book because of an issue with this mod.

While at the lab, if you place a blueprint or blueprint book in your temporal inventory, and proceed to exit the lab, every blueprint that was in your temporal inventory gets permanently lost.

Please fix, this really hurt a lot hehe.
Thanks you in advance!

3 years ago

Sometimes they drop on the ground. But yeah, I always make copies instead of moving the blueprints directly for reasons like this.

3 years ago

Just for every one who might read this you can just place an entity over the lost blueprint and it will be moved to you inventory again

2 years ago

I don't think this can be fixed at all. I don't think it's even a bug. Just a limitation of the system.
While in the lab, you're in a different surface as a godmode invisible character (who gets created/deleted everytime someone enters/exits the lab) and thus have a separate inventory.
You might have also noticed that the research queue in the lab is independent of the actual research queue (you can burn science packs in the lab without it affecting the save). So lab world and lab character are even more separate from the game world than just another player or a different surface.
There simply is no way for any item, including blueprints, to cross between the lab and any surface or character that exists in the actual game.
The only way for blueprints created in the lab to be usable in the factorio world is to store them in your blueprint book. Because that stores the blueprints independently of any character or world.
So, put any blueprints you care about in your book. Which is a good thing to do anyway.
However, the clipboard (the memory of the designs when using Ctrl+V) does carry over between lab and world. So that's a good solution to transfer things that you don't particularly care to keep a blueprint of.

New response