The Blueprint Designer Lab

Enter your lab to design your blueprints. Mod updated for the 4th by daniel90c and minno. Please be gentle, the lab guy has been to places.

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Blueprints

b [fix]Make it sandbox compatible

3 years ago

Hello. I dunno if it is planned, I've just recently started using this mod. I mean, "started using" is a bit excessive of a statement. Most people play in sandbox mode. Yet this mod isn't available in sandbox, aka the most played mode. It triggers an unrecoverable error, but I'm sure it's not to be unexpected.

It'd be great to make it compatible, if possible. Because otherwise I don't see much use for it, although the concept really is promising. I personally don't want to have to play another map exclusively for making blueprints etc. It's tedious and inconvenient. I'm not experienced enough with factorio modding to give any idea on how this could be done, I believe this mod is facing complications and restrictions, mainly due to the introduction of unlimited supplies and stuff.

Sorry for the bother.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I think you have the wrong idea of what sandbox and the other modes of play on factorio are.

The main modes to play of a factorio map is freeplay or the campaign. The sandbox is more of a creative mode on the style of minecraft. But is not the most used. Please check the wiki for the game to read more info about it: https://wiki.factorio.com/Tutorial:Quick_start_guide

The idea of this mod is to have a "sandbox" inside a normal freeplay so you don't need another map to make blueprints. It transforms the character to god mode and gives unlimited items to develop your blueprints and copy them to your normal world. When you play on the sandbox mode you have no character and you move freely on the map. The bitters don't attack you and you have cheats enabled. This mod gives the same conditions with out having to restart the game.

3 years ago

Oh, okay. My bad, then. Because I can't use the blueprint lab at all, as stated previously, it triggers an unrecoverable error every time I click the button. Known issue or? If not, I could post a screenshot of said error when I can, here or on the mod's github, if a link is provided.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

yes please. if you can copy the text on the error. or an sreenshot is enough. are you using other mods together with it? and witch version of factorio are you using? the 1.0, no?

3 years ago

After diving into the logs, turns out the problem doesn't come from the BP mod, but the Geothermal mod. Sorry for the bother, I'll just disable the mod for now and forward this issue to the mod author when I'm not lazy. All good now, thanks for the help though!

3 years ago

Ok. No problem!

New response