Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Non-recoverable error when deleting rails (?)

7 months ago

Not sure how to reproduce it. I was inside the FARL and making rails, then started deleting some mistakes and the error appeared. Included save file.

The mod Bio Industries (1.1.18) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event Bio_Industries :: on_pre_player_mined_item (ID
11)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function ' index'
Bio_Industries
/control.lua:571: in function 'handler'
stdlib /stdlib/event/event.lua:342: in function 'pcall'
_stdlib /stdlib/event/event.lua:362: in function 'dispatch_event'
stdlib /stdlib/event/event.lua:438: in function
<
stdlib __ /stdlib/event/event.lua:396>

https://www.mediafire.com/file/v6zx7hn6qicpxjc/9.zip/file

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

-

7 months ago
(updated 7 months ago)

https://imgur.com/a/A0gYiQz

Screenshot of the rail in question. Powered rail from bioindustries. Sorry for double posting, tried editing and missclicked.

UPD

Found out that the issue seems to either relate to FARL or appears after some time. I was able to remove rails just fine after restarting, then started using farl and building tracks, then the issue appeared again. I checked the control.lua file, and it mentions removing invisible electric poles from the powered rail, so I guess there is some weird interaction going on.

Also got different error:

https://imgur.com/a/hf5Kcdg

This one appeared while in a FARL train, and pressing stop. After that, the train got completely messed up and only laid tracks if I kept pressing start/stop.

UPD2

Had to stop using FARL. Now everything is fine. Seems there is an issue with blueprint and invisible poles interactions.

Pi-C
7 months ago

Thanks for the report! I couldn't reproduce the crash but changing line 567 of control.lua from

if entity.name:match("bi%-%a+%-rail%-power") then

to

if entity.name:match("bi%-%a+%-rail%-power") and base_entry.pole and base_entry.pole.valid then

should fix it. Can you confirm this?

Pi-C
6 months ago

Does the fix in version 1.1.19 work for you?

5 months ago

Hey. Sorry I stopped playing some time ago and didn't see your answer - yes, it appears that the issue has been fixed, at least while quick testing the save with the new update. Game didn't crash when I was removing rails. It seems that the issue only appeared when removing certain curved pieces.

New response