Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Pending] Incompatibility with King Jo's War Rig Truck

3 years ago

Hi there,

some guy contacted me saying that he had an error when using this mod in combination with Krastorio2 and my mod King Jo's War Rig Truck:
Error Message: File not found: kj_warrig/graphics/entity/curved-rail/hr-curved-rail-horizontal-left-bottom-backplates-remnants.png

My mod on its own works perfectly fine but somehow your mod is modifying my rails. Could you prevent that somehow?

Pi-C
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Are "your" rails also the vanilla variety? I just loaded BI 1.1.10 + K2 + your mod and got this error:

10.390 Error ModManager.cpp:1574: Error while loading entity prototype "kj_warrig_wagon" (cargo-wagon): Width of a spritesheet (__kj_warrig__/graphics/entity/warrigWagon/warrig_wagon_hr_spritesheet1.png) is too large. Maximum spritesheet width is 8192.
   Modifications: King Jo's War Rig Truck

We do replace the graphics of vanilla rails in data-updates.lua. BI provides wooden rails, and rebrands the vanilla rails as "concrete rails" that are supposed to be a an upgrade for the wooden rails. Currently, wooden rails are useful because they can be used to make wooden bridges, while concrete rails can be used for powered rails. (Actually, there will be a startup setting to toggle all this in the next version. If that setting is enabled, the vanilla rails will be moved from the vanilla tech to a later tech. That could become an issue as well…)

3 years ago

My rails are all hardcoded and do not interact with the vanilla ones.

The spritesheet beeing too large is impossible. It's literally 1648 x 6592.

Pi-C
3 years ago

I've just started the game again, with just the base mod and yours + your fuel mod -- same error. I'll send you a PM with the log file, so you can see for yourself.

3 years ago

I've "fixed" the original error by just putting empty graphics with the right name into the directory. That still doesn't explain why this error only happens when i use Krastorio2 AND this mod at the same time, in addition to the War Rig...

Pi-C
3 years ago

Thanks for the fix! The good news is, the crash also happens with the new version, which will make debugging a bit easier. But I'm also baffled why it happens. The only places where I've found "backplates" in our code so far is in commented blocks. Really strange …

3 years ago

I bet it's Krastorio2 somehow.

3 years ago

Another problem appeared. When using the new version 1.1.4 of the War Rig together with Krastorio2 and Bio Industries, the wooden and the powered rails are invisible. That means that somehow your rails are using my graphics (which are empty images).
In detail:
Wood: Only the ties (+remnant variant) and end segments are visible
Powered: Only end segments and all remnants except the end segment variant are visible

Pi-C
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Fixed for the next release, we'll use copies of rail_pictures() etc. now instead of the functions provided by Factorio …

New response