Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
2 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b The mod Bio Industries (1.1.10) caused a non-recoverable error

2 years ago

Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:91: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Bio Industries (1.1.10) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.
Error while running event Bio_Industries::on_configuration_changed
Bio_Industries/settings_changed.lua:34: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
Bio_Industries/settings_changed.lua:34: in function 'musk_floor'
Bio_Industries/control.lua:277: in function 'handler'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:342: in function 'pcall'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:362: in function 'dispatch_event'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:438: in function 'dispatch'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:85: in function <stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:83>"
i dont know if you need anything else i hope this is enough information to try and get it to work

Pi-C ☆
2 years ago

Thanks for the report! Could you unpack the mod, open control.lua, and edit line 34? It's the last line of this block:

-- Always use dummy force if option is set
  if BioInd.UseMuskForce then
force = BioInd.MuskForceName
  -- Singleplayer mode: use force of first player
  elseif not game.is_multiplayer() then
force = game.players[1].force.name

Change that line to:

force = "player"

This should work, but it's actually just a dirty hack (other mods may have changed the name of the default player force). If you could provide a saved game, this would help to find out what exactly went wrong. (game should exist at that point, or the error would have been on line 33; game.players should exist, and the player in single-player mode should always be player 1. That would mean that the player doesn't have a force yet, but I couldn't imagine how this would happen …)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I didn't run into the problem at all with my game so I don't have a backup, only when starting a server. I ended up deleting the mod, but now I will give it another shot and see if it works with this. I am curious would I need to go into everyone's files and change that line for the game to sync properly. also thank you very much for such a speedy reply. it really shows how much you care about your mod and the community.

Pi-C ☆
2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I didn't run into the problem at all with my game so I don't have a backup, only when starting a server.

Oh, I didn't notice there was a server notice in your first post! But I couldn't reproduce the crash yet. ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp throws the error, but the crash happens in a part where we've just checked that the game is not in multiplayer mode. Could you turn on logging? Just change the value of "default" in line 166 of common.lua:

-- If the "_debug" dummy mod is active, debugging will always be on. If you don't
-- have this dummy mod but want to turn on logging anyway, set the default value
-- to "true"!
local default = false

to true. If you're registered on the forum, you could send me the log file there.

I am curious would I need to go into everyone's files and change that line for the game to sync properly.

Yes, that would be necessary for now. Once I've figured out what is wrong, I'll make a bug-fix release (no other changes because we're still working on the big update, but this is something that would probably break there as well).

also thank you very much for such a speedy reply. it really shows how much you care about your mod and the community.

If only I had more time at my hands, and fewer mod to work on! Haven't made any release for several months, everything goes on behind closed doors. :-)

2 years ago

i ended up getting it to work after I reinstalled the mod so I don't know what exactly was the issue, but I am currently having an error after a power outage on the server so if its the same error i will definitely give that a try.

1 year, 3 months ago
(updated 1 year, 3 months ago)

I just ran into a similar bug while debugging another Bio Industries bug. Converting a save via the map editor hits this issue because the game isn't multiplayer but there are also 0 players, so the single player code errors out.

The fix for the map editor case was to verify there was at least 1 player in game.players before running the single player code (line 34 in settings_changed.lua), and to otherwise run the multiplayer code. It's likely that the server was converting a single player save, the same way the map editor does, resulting in the crash; the same fix may apply here as well.

New response