Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Pending] Bug? Not sure but Oil Refinery has no Algae input?

3 years ago

I'm unable to find a way to modify the input from Crude Oil + Water to anything else for the oil refinery

Pi-C
3 years ago

Thanks for the report! You're right: IR2 defines a fixed recipe for the oil refinery, so it will only allow the recipe for "Crude oil refining". I could probably remove the fixed recipe again, but I'm not sure if that would break something for IR. I could also change our recipes so they are made in the chemical plant or even in our bio reactors. What would you suggest?

3 years ago

Thanks Pi-C. I think Bio-Reactors sounds good, actually! Do you think you can make this IR2-specific too?

Pi-C
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

You can fix that yourself for the time being. In prototypes/Bio_Fuel/recipe.lua, look for recipes where the name starts with "bi-biomass-conversion-". Look this line in these recipes

category = "oil-processing",

and replace it with

category = "biofarm-mod-bioreactor",

You can then use the bio-reactor for the recipes that make chemical products from biomass.

Do you think you can make this IR2-specific too?

Should I? Not sure yet. All of these recipes require biomass, so it would be fitting to always make them in the bio-reactor. From the perspective of the guy who has to implement the changes, making this unconditionally (without caring if IR2 or any other mod is active) would be the easiest way. For players, it may break their setups, though. Then again, the next release has some major changes so I expect that some old setups may need some repair anyway …

New response