Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
2 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Error loading mods new update 1.1.8

3 years ago

Hello! Factorio failed to load Bio industries on the new update this morning.

"Failed to load mods: Error in assignID: item with name 'bi-wooden-chest-large' does not exist."

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Oh, darn it! I forgot to include the migration script. Will fix that in a while.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Say, what version did you update from? It seems I've renamed recipes and entities of the chests (but not the items) for version 0.17.35/0.18.01 when I started to work on this mod. Is your saved game really that old?

3 years ago

No I created this game a few days ago. With bio industries added.

3 years ago

I used to have bio like a few years ago but I was pretty sure I updated fairly recently. I'll try deleting it entirely and reinstalling it.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Strange… Could you provide the save that fails to load please?

3 years ago

It's failing to load into the main menu actually. I can't even get to the saved games.

3 years ago

https://imgur.com/a/UaoJxK0 Here's a screenshot of it.

3 years ago

Uggggggh. I should have though of this before. So I disabled all of my mods except bio and then it worked. I'll try and find the one it's fighting with. I just don't understand what changed because I've been playing on this save fine for like 5 hours.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Oh, wait, that was stupid! From the 1.1.8 changelog:

• Added a setting to turn off BI's bigger wooden chests. The setting will be not available (and the chests won't be created) if any of these mods is active: "AAI Containers & Warehouses", "Advanced storage +", "Angel's Addons - Storage Options", "Bob's Logistics mod", "Crux Chests", "Warehousing Mod".

Do you use any of these mods?

3 years ago

Bobs logistics mod!

3 years ago

Yep I just tried to load just those two and it gives me the error.

3 years ago

I have a save game that I'd been running for a while with Bio and Warehousing mod (among others). Will there be a recovery process so I can continue that game? (an earlier comment mentioned something about a recovery script?)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

@Pi-C Here is a savegame which explodes at factorio start: https://www.dropbox.com/s/71spzncet7fi9bl/Ballast.zip?dl=0
As you mentioned Bob/Angels warehouses are active (mod list: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/multiplayer_extreme_modpack/downloads)

3 years ago

Having the same issue with 1.1.8
rolled the update back to 1.1.7 and mod loads fine

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

I've reverted the change. Having another mod that provides its own bigger chests/warehouses active won't remove our chests anymore. You still can use the setting to disable bigger wooden chests if you don't need them (the setting is enabled by default, so you must actively choose to turn the chests off).

Sorry for the inconvenience, everybody! Please try version 1.1.9! :-)

3 years ago

Thank you for the prompt response!

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Oh, I messed up -- and it was a very simple fix. :-)

3 years ago

thx :)

3 years ago

thank you for the prompt fix!

New response