Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Recipe changes

3 years ago

The mod Schall recipe Scaling adds duplicates of all 'fast' recipes with a multiplier to allow better processing when hitting 1 recipe tick per game tick, it does this by scanning the recipes in its post-load, however it seems to be running before bio-industries postload, which would be fine, except when bio-industries edits a recipe, such as for example a wall to add an iron stick to it then the multiplied recipe does not have that change, so it seems either bio-industries needs to add iron sticks to all wall recipes that use stone (with an appropriate amount based on the output) or the recipe needs to be edited before post-load, such as in data-update or data (probably data would be best), as well as with the other recipes that Bio Industries edits. Right now someone can just choose the multiplied recipe to bypass that extra cost for free.

Pi-C
3 years ago

Thanks for the report. I'll see what I can do. Perhaps I really can move the recipe fixes around, perhaps they come so late for a reason -- I honestly don't know.

Schall recipe Scaling … seems to be running before bio-industries postload …

Simple fix: add "Bio_Industries" to the dependencies in the info.json of Schallfalke's mod. That will make sure BI gets loaded first. (And no, I can't do that on my end, there a no dependencies that say "I must be loaded first!, we've only got "I need this and this and that, load it before you load me!".)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yeah, I can't do that on my end either, my hosting only pulls from the mod portal. :-)

Generally recipes should be created in data, and updated in data-update, then final mod-dependent-pass is in final fixes, so it could be fixed it they added an optional dependency, but more correct the data pass it happens in should be corrected.

Thanks for the help, love this mod!

Pi-C
3 years ago

Yeah, I can't do that on my end either, my hosting only pulls from the mod portal. :-)

Not sure I understand correctly: You don't have the mod on your own computer? Otherwise you could just unzip it and edit info.json …

Generally recipes should be created in data, and updated in data-update, then final mod-dependent-pass is in final fixes, so it could be fixed it they added an optional dependency, but more correct the data pass it happens in should be corrected.

I know -- theoretically. (Yep, I've been guilty of creating entities later than necessary myself!) But I've got a heap of code that existed before I even knew of the game, and which has been patched in so many places to add compatibility with one mod here and with another there … I've tried to clean up a bit, but it's still quite messy, so it's easy to miss mistakes. :-)

Thanks for the help, love this mod!

Nice to read that! :-)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Not sure I understand correctly: You don't have the mod on your own computer? Otherwise you could just unzip it and edit info.json …

It's a server that syncs only to the mod portal, so no It would have to be edited on all systems, and walking some people through that would not be very fun... 😅

Nice to read that! :-)

I know a lot of people don't really get to praise they should, so let me just say that this is one of the only non-qol mods that is always requested by the people on my server, regardless of whatever gameplay we're focusing on, it's quite well liked. 🙂

Pi-C
3 years ago

I just moved these recipes as well as the disassembling recipes over to data-updates.lua for the next release.

3 years ago

Awesome, thanks much!

Pi-C
3 years ago

Please try 0.18.34/1.1.4!

3 years ago

Looking great! Thanks so much!

New response