Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Unimportant bugs

3 years ago

All the railroads would be like walls to stop the robot from passing through. Using mod robot:https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Construction_Drones

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

Oh, boy -- a neverending story!

Me:

There are several rails (e.g. BI's wooden bridges, the bridges from Beautiful Bridge Railway, or the waterways from Cargo Ships) that shouldn't be relevant to your mod because your roads certainly aren't placed on water.

Klonan:

I change the collision layer of the rails so that you can build rails on the transport drone roads.

Adding object layer to the rails will mean that they cannot be built on the roads, which severely impacts the usage.

So Klonan messed with the collision masks of all rails by removing "object-layer". I know for sure that the bridges from Beautiful Bridge Railway only had "object-layer" in their collision mask (I think we had either exactly the same or at least a very similar problem, but I reported that to BBR's author in response). So, when Klonan's mod removes the only layer in their mask, the bridges don't have any collision mask at all and can be built literally anywhere: on water (as expected), but also on cliffs (and I guess on top of assembling machines, transport belts and all other entities as well).

Obviously, our mods have contrary objectives (Klonan's wants to make rails that won't block his drones, I want my bridges to be placeable in a sane way). So, I'm almost inclined to add a conflict against Construction Drones, but I'm afraid a lot of people would not be happy if I did that.

3 years ago

It doesn't matter, just to tell you.

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

Thanks. :-)

The problem will probably fade out of it's own though, because Klonan doesn't want to update his mod. Nevertheless, I'll look into that again …

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

OK, moving our fix of the collision mask from data-final-fixes.lua to data-updates.lua seems to fix that.

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

For a local fix until the next release is out, look for this line in data-final-fixes.lua:

require("prototypes.Wood_Products.rail_updates")

Delete that line in data-final-fixes.lua and insert it at the end of data-updates.lua.

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

Please try 0.18.34/1.1.4!

3 years ago

thank you

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

:-)

New response