Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g [TODO] compatibility with pymods?

3 years ago

I run a really huge save with the pymods suite of mods and bio industries.

Up until now i'd been using "pycoal touched by an angel" to merge these two mods, but the author decided to burn it to the ground and start over from zero, and RELEASED the burned down version with only angels merging implemented for Factorio 1.0.0 instead of keeping that for 1.1 and letting people not yet on experimental keep their stuff working.

As such, any chance of bio industries, as the much smaller mod, integrating compatibility with pymods? Overlapping items i know of:

Liquid Air, Nitrogen, Fertilizer

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

You mean I shouldn't activate these overlapping items if they are already provided by pycoal?

I think we already have some support for pycoal, and I remember seeing liquid air, nitrogen, and possibly fertilizer adapted to Angel's petrochem + Krastorio. It should be in prototypes/Bio_Farm/compatible_recipes.lua. It should be possible to add pycoal to that list as well.

Meanwhile my game crashed. Apparently, it didn't like that the terraformer has run out of ingredients for planting trees. :-D

3 years ago

That's what i'm thinking, yeah, don't add them, and replace them in BI recipes. :)

It might be more than pycoal tho as pymods is a big list of mods now. :D

Also whoof, thanks for the warning. :)

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I can't find any fertilizer in the PySuit. Is it in AlienLife, perhaps? That crashes on loading.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Fertilizer: OK, I've found a fix for the AlienLife crash -- there's a missing dependency on pyHightech either in AlienLife or one of the mods it depends on. So now I've seen its fertilizer. The main problem was different spelling of the names ("fertiliser" vs. "fertilizer"), which I solved by migrating our recipes/items/tech. However, there's a problem with unlocking the recipe: BI has a complete tech named "Fertilizer", which unlocks several recipes and is the gateway to our bio-tech. Also, the fertilizer icon is used in the icons of some recipes using fertilizer. So I'd rather overwrite the fertilizer icon with that of BI, and remove the fertilizer unlock from PyAlienLife's "Biotechnology Stage 1". However, I'm not sure if that would make it impossible to craft Py recipes. It didn't look that way, but then again, I don't really know the Py mods.

Coal Processing: I think I could give that up and remove the unlocks to "Raw Coal 1-3" from PyRawOres or "Coal Processing 1-3" from PyCoalProcessing (fallback if PyRawOres isn't active).

Biorecactor: Nope, I wouldn't touch it even with a long stick -- it's got fluid boxes! :-D

Liquid air/nitrogen: Will use the Py version if it exists.

So, what's your opinion?

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Please try 0.18.31/1.1.1!

New response