Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Server crash

3 years ago

Hello Your Mod is not Compatible with version 1.0 or ?

124.978 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:90: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Bio Industries (0.18.28) caused a non-recoverable error. Please report this error to the mod author. Error while running event Bio_Industries::on_configuration_changed Bio_Industries/control.lua:208: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) stack traceback: Bio_Industries/control.lua:208: in function 'handler' stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:335: in function 'pcall' stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:355: in function 'dispatch_event' stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:438: in function 'dispatch' stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:88: in function <stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:86>" 124.978 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:769: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed) 124.978 Info CommandLineMultiplayer.cpp:208: Exit point.

If we try to host a Headless Server we get this Error ^^

If we host a Server over the Game menu it doesn't crash or give any errors ^^

Pi-C
3 years ago

Hi! Thanks for your report!

Hello Your Mod is not Compatible with version 1.0 or ?

I thought it was.

Error while running event Bio_Industries::on_configuration_changed Bio_Industries/control.lua:208: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value) …
ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:769: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(CreatingGame) to(InitializationFailed) 124.978 Info CommandLineMultiplayer.cpp:208: Exit point.

Now that's interesting! :-)

elseif not game.is_multiplayer() then
  force = game.players[1].force.name

The second line is where the error happens. Did you start a new game? And if you run a headless server, I suppose your game is a multiplayer game? So why on Nauvis would the test result in "not a multiplayer game"?

If we try to host a Headless Server we get this Error ^^

If we host a Server over the Game menu it doesn't crash or give any errors ^^

I don't have any experience with Headless. However, the error message seems to indicate that the game is not recognized as a multiplayer game, so it assumes it's single player -- but there's no player yet. So change the lines above (line 207f. in control.lua) to this:

elseif not game.is_multiplayer() and next(game.players) then
  force = game.players[1].force.name

Does that help?

3 years ago

Okay now comes the Most funny part of this i am so freaking Confused o.O

I made the first server on a hoster named g-portal
There comes this error.

Now i made a Server on a Different hoster and it worked without any issues

I am max confused whats going on XD

Pi-C
3 years ago

Does changing line 207 help with the first hoster?

3 years ago

wasn't able to test it anymore since the hoster already terminated the server.

because i asked them to remove it because i didn't want to pay another 20$ for nothing ^^

Pi-C
3 years ago

Too bad, but understandable. Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to add this check anyway. :-)

3 years ago

Mby :)

Thanks for your Respond

Pi-C
3 years ago

Added the checks in version 0.18.29.

3 years ago

Ty!

New response