Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Missing Bio Nursery

4 years ago

I have been using your mod for just a couple of days, but I can't find the Bio Nursery anywhere.

Pi-C
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Perhaps you could give some more details:

• What version of Factorio do you use?
  • What version of Bio Industries do you use?
  • Did this happen in a newly started game, or did you add BI to an existing game?
  • Did you research the Bio Nurseries already? They are not available immediately, you'll have to do some research first before you can use anything from BI! Luckily, it's a pretty early research ("Bio Farm") but it will only be available after you've researched "Optics", because lamps are needed as an ingredient for Bio Nurseries. Doing more researches (that may be locked behind yet other technologies) will unlock more recipes.

If you already did research "Bio Farm" but still don't see the Bio Nurseries, it may be that some other mod has changed things. If that's the case: What other mods do you use? I could add compatibility if I knew which mod interfered.

A good way to test whether another mod is interfering would be to remove one mod after the other and see if anything changes. I'd recommend starting a new game for this.

Also, you could try this command:

/c game.players[1].insert("bi-bio-greenhouse")

This assumes you're in a single player game. You could also choose by your player name:

/c game.players["INSERT_NAME_HERE"].insert("bi-bio-greenhouse")

This should give you a stack of Bio Nurseries (10).

If you don't know how to open the command line, go to the main menu, open "Settings" --> "Controls", and look for "Toggle chat (and Lua console)" in the category "Basic interaction". Once you're on the command line, just paste the command. Don't forget the "/c" at the start of the line! This will tell Factorio that the rest is a command, not a chat message.

Also, if you didn't run a command-line command from your current game yet, this will not work immediately. Using commands will disable achievements for that game (therefore it's good to start a new game for testing), so you'll have to enter the command again for confirmation. (Hint: You don't have to type it again, use the buttons for CURSOR-UP and CURSOR-DOWN to scroll through your command history!)

Please excuse me if I've stated the obvious. You said you've been using this mod for only some days, so I thought you may be a newcomer to Factorio as well. With Factorio 1.0 just recently released, that's not unlikely. :-)

4 years ago

Using 1.0.0 base mod, 0.18.28 Bio Industries, downloaded the mod after starting a game but still missing from a new game.
List of Mods I am using;
Alien Biomes
Bio Industries
Cargo ships
Early Bio Boiler
Factorio Standard library
Island Start
Miniloader
More Long inverters
Squeak through

Pi-C
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Using 1.0.0 base mod, 0.18.28 Bio Industries, downloaded the mod after starting a game but still missing from a new game.

Thank you, I could reproduce this.

Early Bio Boiler

That's the culprit! Just remove the mod (or turn off its setting) and you will see the Bio nurseries.

I'm not yet sure why that happens. The Early Bio Boilers doesn't do much, it just rewrites the recipe for our Bio Boiler, and it's not doing a very good job at it. (A technicality: duplicating the entire recipe if you just want to change one value only isn't really necessary, but that should be OK. However, the mod should not only unlock the Bio Boiler earlier, it should also remove the Bio Boiler from the recipes that get unlocked by researching "Advanced Biotechnology".) But I still don't know why the other recipes are removed …

Pi-C
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Oh, I've got it!

data.raw["technology"]["bi-tech-bio-farming"].effects = {{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "bi-bio-boiler"}}

The most important line (which will move the Bio Boiler to an earlier research) is borked: This removes all research effects and replaces them with the unlock recipe of the Bio Boiler. What the author should have done is adding an effect instead of overwriting everything else!

This is clearly not a bug in BI. I'll forward this to the author of "Early Bio Boiler", so it can get fixed there. Until then, you should just clear that setting so the mod doesn't mess with BI's stuff. :-D

Pi-C
4 years ago

Fixed for next version (by adding a conflict). I've reported the bug to the author of "Early Bio Boiler", I've pointed out what needs to be changed, and I've informed the author that I'll mark version 1.0.0 of the as incompatible with BI. The conflict is only against the current version, so the mod should work again after "Early Bio Boiler" has been updated.

Pi-C
3 years ago

This has been fixed in "Early Bio Boiler". Didn't need to add a conflict against it after all. :-)

New response