Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] + Wreckage-pollution mod= Crash (0.17.79)

3 years ago

Love your mod!
Deleting a pipe with nitrogen inside crashed the game (reported it here and there):

The mod Wreckage Pollution caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event wreckage-pollution::on_pre_player_mined_item (ID 11)
Unknown entity name: chemical-spill-nitrogen-small
stack traceback:
wreckage-pollution/control.lua:110: in function 'fluidSpill'
wreckage-pollution/control.lua:160: in function <wreckage-pollution/control.lua:159>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'create_entity'
wreckage-pollution/control.lua:160: in function <wreckage-pollution/control.lua:159>

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Thanks for the report! This should be fixed in 0.17.57/0.18.26. Can you confirm this?

3 years ago

Thanks for the report! This should be fixed in 0.17.57/0.18.26. Can you confirm this?

Game (v0.17.79) + got the last mod update (0.17.57), but loaded a old save file and the pipe was created on a earlier version:

stack traceback:
stack traceback:

Then got these two mods on a new game with the creative mod on and got the crash for the pipe and the tank:
(link to the save: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oWFMvc9v9uMmLOjblPWM9_oFHshm7HjX)

stack traceback:
stack traceback:

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

So I've moved the code for creating nitrogen and liquid air from data-final-fixes to data-updates in 0.17.57. However, "wreckage-pollution" creates the spills during data-updates as well, and as it is loaded before BI, we still have the same, old problem that spills are created before the fluids exist.

There's nothing I can do about it, because I need to wait and see if other mods already have created the same fluids, so I can't move the code down to data.lua. However, I've just asked sparr for another release of wreckage-pollution with a new dependency on BI. I really can't tell if s/he'll do this, though. Meanwhile, you can make a local fix by editing info.json of wreckage-pollution:

-- OLD:
  "dependencies": ["base >= 0.17.0"],
-- NEW: 
  "dependencies": ["base >= 0.17.0", "? Bio_Industries"],

This will make sure BI gets loaded first, so that wreckage-pollution can make spills for our fluids.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

As other people have been trying out the new stable version of Factorio, I uploaded another release for 0.17. Please check out 0.17.58! (It really should work now, as sparr has already uploaded a fixed version of wreckage-pollution that added the missing dependency.)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I tested them in v1.0.0 (=v0.18, I guess) today and there is no crash :) Yeay!

(Sorry, but I for some reason could not downgrade my steam version to test it on v. 0.17.58, so no data here. Bad timing to troubleshooting this issue as 1.0.0 rolls out)

And, thank you for your work ^_^ Keep it up

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

I tested them in v1.0.0 (=v0.18, I guess) today and there is no crash :) Yeay!

Great!

(Sorry, but I for some reason could not downgrade my steam version to test it on v. 0.17.58, so no data here. Bad timing to troubleshooting this issue as 1.0.0 rolls out)

Oh, of course -- Steam! I've been wondering about why you were still requesting updates for 0.17, and why 0.17 downloads dropped so drastically (from about 30-50% to hardly 2%), but considering that Steam automatically updates you to 1.0 now, this makes sense. Well, it's the same code, so I guess it will work for 0.17 as well …

And, thank you for your work ^_^ Keep it up

You're welcome, and I'll try. :-)

New response