Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Not a BI bug] Crash with Omnimatter

4 years ago

With 0.18.25 and the newest Omnimatter, Omniwood and Omnicrystal there is a crash. Maybe caused on Bio Industries? If i use 0.18.24 it works.

https://imgur.com/cpnZc0d

Pi-C
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thank you for the report! That's definitely a bug, but unfortunately I can't do anything about it because it's a bug in one of the Omni-mods. Something goes wrong when Omniwood replaces the results of BI's seedling recipe. I've put two debugging lines into Omniwood's prototypes/bioindustries.lua, so you can see the recipe results change:

2.726 Loading mod omnimatter_wood 3.18.6 (data.lua)
   2.747 Script @__omnimatter_wood__/prototypes/bioindustries.lua:8: data.raw.recipe["bi-seedling-1"].results (original): {
  {
amount = 40,
name = "seedling",
type = "item"
  }
}
   2.747 Script @__omnimatter_wood__/prototypes/bioindustries.lua:10: data.raw.recipe["bi-seedling-1"].results (after omni.lib.replace_recipe_result): {
  {
amount = 40,
name = {
  "omniseedling",
},
type = "item"
  }
}

This is the offending line that puts a table (instead of a string) into results.name:

omni.lib.replace_recipe_result("bi-seedling-1","seedling",{"omniseedling",40})

The bug is either in Omnilibrary (error in parsing the arguments of replace_recipe_result) or Omniwood (calling that function with wrong arguments). Please report it there! I would do so myself, but the author is available on Discord only and I don't want to register there. By the way, you've only got this crash because "bi-seedling-1" was the first recipe that was changed that way. But there are similar calls of that function for other recipes as well that would produce the same crash.

I hope this info will help you to get the bug fixed. :-)

New response