Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Solar power plant and boiler.

4 years ago

I didnt understand it.
It consume more power than it generate.... whats the point?

3 years ago

The description text is misleading (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Bio_Industries/discussion/6016aad562bddce003718e6c)

Do not connect the solar power plant and boiler to your electrical grid. Have the free daytime steam flow into a series of storage tanks and then into steam engines that are connected to your electrical grid. Your regular 60kW solar panels will provide energy during the day. Your steam engines will provide energy during the night. Zero pollution :)

3 years ago

You can still take advantage of the solar power generated by the solar boiler when it isn't needed to generate steam. Just use a power switch to isolate the solar boiler grid when generating steam. I have an accumulator attached to the solar boiler grid. When it's signal is =100 (i.e. not discharging), I have the power switch activate, joining the two grids.

New response