Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g [Not a bug] Seemingly Circular Dependency Coke/Steel

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

There must be something I just haven't noticed, since nobody else here has asked as far as I can tell, but...
For clarity, I am running this with Krastorio 2 mod.
I need Coke to make steel, however, I need steel to produce an Oil Refinery in order to make the Coke. I cannot find a way around this to progress the game past this technology level at all. I must be missing something, but I'm just not seeing it. Sorry for the bother if I'm just being stupid, but if not it boggles the mind nobody's brought this up before.
I'm perfectly happy with finding out I've just been a dunce and missed it.

Pi-C
4 years ago

I'm not really familiar with Krastorio (only tested it during modding in cheat mode, never played a real game with it). But as far as I can see, you should be able to make coke from wood and coal even in a stone furnace. Does that work?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

With Krastorio 2 you have to set a recipe for the furnace, and there is none for coke that I can find...The only one I see for coke is Bio Industries. I cheated in some steel to bootstrap doing this, and it still doesn't work right, because the coke is different from what Krastorio needs for some reason, so it seems like it's more of a Krastorio 2 problem...
In fact, in searching the word "coke" I only come up with Bio Industries coke, so perhaps its overriding the Krastorio 2 coke, but not being recognized by the Krastorio 2 mod as part of the deal.

Pi-C
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I removed BI. In a new game with Krastorio, if I go to the research tree and look at "Steel processing", I see recipes for "Steel plate" (K2), "Steel chest" (vanilla), "Coke" (K2), "Steel gear wheel" (K2), and "Steel beam" (K2).

The steel plate recipe requires coke and iron plates. The coke recipe requires wood and coal. Both recipes are unlocked when you've researched "Steel processing". This tech has "Automation core" and "Automation tech card" as prerequisites. So, once you've researched "Steel processing", you should see the coke recipe in the furnaces, and after making some coke that way, you should be able to make steel.

In case you don't know this mod yet, I use What is it really used for? to see what recipes produce an item, what kind of assembler/smelter/chem plant etc. they are made in and what recipes use the item as ingredient. It can be quite useful when you're stuck …

4 years ago

[SOLVED] The "Coke" mod was interfering with the recipe for coke from Krastorio 2. I had that one for use with Bob's when I was playing with a different set of mods and didn't realize it would cause this.

Pi-C
4 years ago

Ah, glad you could figure it out! Mods interacting with each other can be a pain at times. :-)

New response