Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Powered Rail Placement Lag

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Placing powered rail causes a large lag spike. I turned off all other mods and reproduced the behavior. I also turned on debug time usage and confirmed that it shows bio industries script update cycle usage spiking when powered rail is placed.

EDIT: to clarify, I'm using the latest experimental version of Factorio and the latest version of Bio Industries.

3 years ago

Yes, i have the same issue.

Every time i place a rail, the game freeze shortly. the freeze is longer if plase longer rail.

Please fix that, its very hard to create a trainnetwork =(

Best regards
Beastion

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

Do I get that right? Only placing causes a lag, but once the rail tracks are in place everything goes back to normal?

The reason would be that there is no such thing as powered rails in vanilla, so we have to resort to some trickery: Put down some normal rail and create an invisible power pole on top of it, then make sure it connects to other invisible power poles and power connectors in the vicinity, and check that no invisible pole is connected to normal power poles. I guess this could cause a lag if you put down a long stretch of rails, but I'm not quite sure yet how we could make that cheaper.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

okay, thanks for your feedback.

yes, everything else works as it should

please note that this problem also occurs when a single rail is placed. with 5 rails, the lag is five times longer (approximately)

i also haven't played for a while (about 3 months). so i can't say exactly since when this problem occurs. The last time I used your mod this problem was not present. Also the mods i use have not changed since then.

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

The powered rail basically is a rail with an invisible power pole on top of it. So, when a rail is placed, we need to make sure they don't connect to other (vanilla or modded) poles. Perhaps there's a cheaper way to do it, not sure. There's also the other issue where some branches on junctions are not connected. This is due to the hard limit of 5 wires per power pole, so some action on placing down powered rails is necessary. (Also, you wouldn't like to see random power poles connecting to a rail track with invisible power poles.)

I'll try, but can't promise that I'll be able to make it faster -- I'm afraid fixing the junction thing could make the lag even worse. On the other hand, the lag is only temporary while powered rails without power are really bad throughout the whole game. So getting the junction bug fixed is more important, I guess.

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

I think I've fixed the lag as well. There still is a smallish load increase in my testing setup, but it seems to be much smaller now. However, testing in a real game is required, so once the new version is out, I'll hope for some feedback! :-)

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

Please check out version 0.17.55/0.18.24!

3 years ago

Great its work again!

you make my holiday meaningful again ;)

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

Have a happy gaming holiday then! :-)

New response