Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Circular dependency with Deadlock's Crating and Stacking for Bob's mods

4 years ago

Not sure which mod is at fault so I'm creating a discussion on both mod portal pages.
When enabled with Deadlock's Crating and Stacking for Bob's mods the following error occurs.

1.078 Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Circular dependency from Bio_Industries to deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs

Mods to be disabled:
• Bio_Industries (0.18.23)
• deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs (0.8.1)

Pi-C
4 years ago

Thanks for the report. I just installed deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs, but can't reproduce the error -- the game loads successfully up to the main menu. Could you provide a saved game, perhaps? I guess there may be a third mod involved, and it would help to identify which mod that is if I could sync the mods with the ones you use.

4 years ago

I have a dumb number of mods as I think you might recall from previous bug fixing. Let me dig into it and see if I can figure out what third mod is causing the issue.

4 years ago

Okay got it down to a conflict with... Transport drones?
Disabling Bio_industries, Deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs, or Transport_Drones allows the game to load.

Mod list
base
Bio_Industries
deadlock-beltboxes-loaders
deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs
DeadlockStackingForVanilla
deadlock_stacked_recipes
informatron
stdlib
Transport_Drones

Pi-C
4 years ago

Transport drones again?! What does it not mess with? :-D

Anyway, I'll see what I can do …

Pi-C
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Even with just BI, the stacking mod, and Transport Drones, the game loads to the main menu. After adding the other deadlock-mods, I've got the error as well, and you're right: turning off Transport Drones lets the game start again. I've followed the dependency chain:

"Bio_Industries" -->
"(?) Transport_Drones" -->
"(?) deadlock_stacked_recipes" -->
"(?) deadlock-stacking-crating-bobs" -->
"? Bio_Industries"

"(?)" means a hidden optional dependency, "?" an optional dependency. That's bad: I need to depend on Transport_Drones because it changes the collision_masks of all rails it can find in data-final-fixes, so I must make sure that it has already acted before I revert that change for our rails. It's the same thing with the other mods: they all do something in data-final-fixes where they need to make sure all relevant mods have finished doing their thing.

I'll ask Klonan if he could exclude our rails from his collision_mask change (or even add a way to blacklist rail types). If he does that, I can drop the dependency and the vicious circle would be broken. Beyond that, there's nothing I can do.

New response