Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Early Game Fuel

4 years ago

Hi,

Thank you for this great mod! I love to have the option to play pollution-neutral (or as close to as possible).

As far as I understand the whole point of the mod is to rely heavily on wood production for a lot of tasks. That, presumably, includes fuel production. Now I started a new game today and maybe I'm missing something but it seems to me that trying to run a starter base on wood (or wood pulp) as fuel leads to bottlenecks very, very early. I've set up a chain of 5 nurseries (1 seed, 4 saplings) into 8 Bio Farms. It seems you have very high setup cost for little gain in fuel value . The setup itself already uses ~50% of the fuel value generated and just getting all the materials to set this up is a big task early in the game. I've basically gone back to using coal because the return value is so much better.

But I'd really like to go full wood and eco in this game. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, though. What is the recommended way to get started with this mod (the green way) without playing on a tiny base for hours?

4 years ago

Hey Wyverex42,

Thanks for the reply.
Balancing is very tricky here. Remember, you're basically creating a resource out of thin air... I don't want to make it unbalanced because of that.

Also, the initial tier recipes are slow intentionally, once you upgrade to the fertilizer recipes, you should have a lot of wood.

Try to get to the Ash recipes ASAP, since you can change some of that tons wood pulp into ask very easily.

Thanks for using the mod and feedback is welcomed.

New response