Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
27 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g compatibility with space exploration

3 years ago

Anyone know if this mod works well with space exploration?
I just started SE game with 0.3 and was looking for a way to make wood as SE has nice circuits production from wood.
Don't want to run into issues later in the game if there would be a conflict.

3 years ago

i started my SE game using Bio farm as well, but advanced fertilizer tech look to be unavailable ... any advices from you? Is this mod working well with SE in the long run?

3 years ago

i started my SE game using Bio Ind. as well, but advanced fertilizer tech look to be unavailable ... any advices from you? Is this mod working well with SE in the long run?

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Frankly, I don't know because I've never played with SE, didn't have time to play Factorio at all since the beginning of the year, and it doesn't look like I'll get to play again anytime soon.

So, advanced fertilizer doesn't work? Anything else?

3 years ago

If u are asking about Bio Industries, i haven't checked everything carefully but all the rest, look to be working well. I changed the recipe of standard fertilizer to match that of SE recipe otherwise wood prods was very low.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

I started my SE game using Bio Ind. as well, but advanced fertilizer tech look to be unavailable

I just started a game with BI, SE, and Creative Mod. As far as I can see, advanced fertilizer is available. Perhaps it's a misunderstanding because of research names? Thers's no tech named "Advanced Fertilizer", the tree you need to research is Bio farm --> Fertilizer --> Advanced Biotechnology --> Organic Plastic. "Fertilizer" will give you the normal fertilizer, "Advanced Biotechnology" the advanced fertilizer.

If you still don't get advanced fertilizer, could you provide a saved game? Perhaps it's another mod you have that makes that recipe unavailable …

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Double checked again and "Advanced Biotechnology" is not there.

3 years ago

Ok here is the last save: http://www.easybytez.com/73r9jvv65v0r

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Thanks for the save! Advanced bio-tech will be available if you enable the setting "Bio fuel production". To make advanced fertilizer, you'll need algae biomass. With algae biomass, you can also produce crude oil, light oil, petroleum gas, lubricant, and cellulose (the latter is an ingredient in one of the recipes for plastic bars unlocked with "Organic plastic").

I agree this isn't really intuitive. Perhaps it would be better if the "Bio fuel production" setting unlocked only the recipes for the oil products/cellulose and the high-yield recipe for biomass. Then again, advanced fertilizer will increase the production of wood and wood pulp tremendously, and the fuel-conversion recipes give you another sink for wood pulp. Moreover, with all the dependencies on other mods (enabling stuff conditionally, or exchanging recipe ingredients for stuff from other mods), I'm afraid that such a change may break things in unexpected places. So I'd very much prefer to leave things the way they are. :-)

3 years ago

Ok thx, easy solution, me old man :(

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

No problem!

I've now made it so that the recipes for advanced fertilizer and the bio reactor as well as the basic recipe for biomass will always be available -- whatever the setting. So, please try version 0.18.29! :-)

New response