Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed?] Terraformer Radar reddragon309 entity removable?

4 years ago

So I had been playing 17.40 with a friend and the I tried putting the terraformer down and then tried to reposition it only for it to leave the radar portion still on the ground. It still gains power from a big area even though the actual big dome part of the terraformer is gone and kept giving me the next error.

LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
Bio_Industries/control_arboretum.lua:29: in function 'Get_Arboretum_Recipe'
Bio_Industries/control.lua:770: in function <Bio_Industries/control.lua:760>
[C]: in function 'pcall'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:335: in function 'dispatch_event'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:413: in function <stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:369>
I stopped using the terraformer due to the error constantly spamming. After i updated to 17.42, I am now able to place and deconstruct it without it leaving the radar entity behind, but I still have the leftover entity from previous bug. Is there any way to remove it?
Hopefully this image helps
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/284106085965627413/694470714547503143/unknown.png

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Thanks for the report!

I stopped using the terraformer due to the error constantly spamming. After i updated to 17.42, I am now able to place and deconstruct it without it leaving the radar entity behind, but I still have the leftover entity from previous bug. Is there any way to remove it?

Guess a migration script for the next version that removes left-over radars should do the trick. I'll see what I can do. :-)

4 years ago

Thank you for the quick response!
For now I just sealed off the area with pipes to avoid placing power lines near it. Keep up the good work!

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

It wasn't only the radars that needed to be removed. Because of the bug, removed terraformers were still stored in the saved games, and their hidden parts also still existed. This should be fixed with versions 0.17.43/0.18.10 -- please confirm that it works! :-)

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Sorry, it worked too well and removed too much (not only hidden power poles from removed terraformers, but also from existing bio farms and solar boilers). I've removed 0.17.43/0.18.10 again and will upload new versions restoring accidentally removed entities shortly!

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Hopefully fixed this for real now in 0.17.44/0.18.11.

New response