Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
26 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Bug fixed + Request implemented] Ver.0.18.08 error pops up

4 years ago

I am not an english speaker. Google translation dependent.

Factorio 0.18.17&Bio Industries 0.18.08 no power Musk floor (bi-solar-mat)
Error occurs when laying Musk floor...

1533.263 Script @stdlib/stdlib/core.lua:46: Bio_Industries/control.lua:944:

[ER Global Lock] Forbidden global read:
{key = "force"}

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Thanks for reporting this! Should be fixed in 0.17.42/0.18.9. :-)

4 years ago

sorry… 0.18.09 is [M]->"Electric network" TAB on solar-mat Hidden wiring is displayed...

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

sorry… 0.18.09 is [M]->"Electric network" TAB on solar-mat Hidden wiring is displayed...

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry! Is "[M]" supposed to be the key 'M'? That's bound to map view here. Clicking on a power pole connected to the solar mats brings up the "Electric network info" screen, I see the their icon on the "Production" side, but hitting the "TAB" key doesn't do anything. Also, I don't see any hidden wiring.
Do you have a screenshot or saved game where I can see what's wrong? You could post it in the forum thread, or send me a private message there. But I can't really help if I have no idea what you're talking about. :-D

(As you mentioned you're not a native speaker of English, you could also use German if you know that. Just saying, it's hard to tell where people are from on the Internet.)

4 years ago

https://i.imgur.com/MZWnzb5.png

"Electric network" TAB on

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks, really interesting! I just checked, beginning from version 0.17.34 (the last version for Factorio 0.17 released by TheSAguy). This doesn't happen there on in any later version released for 0.17. However, it does already happen in version 0.18.0 (the only version for Factorio 0.18 released by TheSAguy so far).

If I remember correctly, I updated 0.18.0 to 0.18.1, then copied everything over to 0.17.35 and just made some changes there to get the mod running. As both versions should be based on the same code, I assume something must have changed in the way Factorio 0.18 handles this. I'll have to investigate and try to figure out how to fix that -- no idea how long that will take!

Could you just ignore this problem for now? It's certainly not nice, but at least you should be able to play without getting interrupted by an error message every few seconds. :-)

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Does it work as expected if you remove the musk floor and place it again?

3 years ago

I operated as I was told, but it was useless.
MAP mode Radar preview results.
https://imgur.com/a/tmc1qap

"Electric network" TAB off at the next play. Thanks.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

OK, I'll try adding a migration script that removes every existing musk floor tile and replaces it with a new one. Hopefully that will work!

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Trying again, with a new game each time: suddenly map view looks correct for the versions prior to 0.17.42/0.18.9. I still don't see what has caused this, so fixing this will take some more time …

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

OK, this really happened with the last release, and I think I know now what's wrong! What you get now is the correct behavior, the bug was that the electric overlay wasn't shown in the earlier versions. When an entity is created, it is assigned to a force. If no force is set, it will default to "enemy". There was a bug in the earlier versions, so that the things that make the musk floor were created with an empty force. Therefore, all musk floor tiles belonged to "enemy" -- and you didn't see the electric overlay before because you'll only see things belonging to your own force in map view.

I'm not sure it makes sense to display the musk floor without the overlay. It doesn't look nice now, but without it, you'd be lacking information, it could look like there were gaps in your network. I'm not even sure it's possible to disable the overlay for particular entities belonging to you! The only solution I could imagine is declaring the old bug a feature and creating the entities for the "enemy" force again. It does seem wrong, though. :-)

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Implemented for the next version: There's a startup setting where you can choose whether to display the electric grid overlay of musk floor in map view. Please note:

• Hiding the overlay will always work.
  • Displaying the overlay will work in new games and for any musk floor you build after updating the mod. If you are in a singleplayer game, this will also work for existing tiles.
  • In multiplayer games, it's impossible to determine which force an existing musk floor tile belongs to. Thus, the overlay won't be displayed for existing tiles. It will work, however, for newly built tiles. (Therefore, you can solve this problem by deconstructing old musk floor tiles and rebuilding them.)

The setting is a startup setting because all surfaces must be searched for musk floor, and each musk floor tile must be changed. This may take a while if you have plastered huge areas of your factory with musk floor, so you shouldn't change the setting too often.

Pi-C ☆
3 years ago

Just uploaded, please try out the latest version!

New response