Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
27 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Closed] Mod conflict with tree collision & tree growth scaled trees mods.

4 years ago

Just checking, is this conflict still there?
And is there any intent for this mod to be compatible with these now-conflicting mods?
Don't have time to check it myself, but thought it might be worth looking into.
Thanks

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I just tried these mods: Factorio (0.17 and 0.18) loads successfully with Tree Collision. I didn't test it beyond that -- what exactly was wrong with it? Did you get an error message?

Tree growth: Scaled trees hasn't been updated to Factorio 0.18 yet. With Factorio 0.17, I got an error on starting the game. I'll look into this!

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

Closing this: I can see no issue with Tree Collision, and the other mod seems to be dead.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I just tried to use this with Squeak Through and Tral's Robot Tree Farm. Since this thread was related to Tree Collision I figured I'd share this update here.

Edit: Tral's has incompatibilities with Bio Industries, tried with just Squeak Through and it works fine

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

Edit: Tral's has incompatibilities with Bio Industries, tried with just Squeak Through and it works fine

What exactly is wrong with it? Loading a game with Tral's Robot Tree Farm worked just fine for me, and I didn't get any crash yet in the game. So if you could point out what's wrong and how to reproduce it (perhaps provide a saved game), this would be very helpful!

3 years ago

Sure, so I snagged a screenshot of the error window that pops up on loading of the game. Water turret btw was added after I found that Tral was having issues btw, the same issue happens whether or not I included Water Turret or Squeak Through. When I remove Tral's robot tree farm everything loads fine. https://i.imgur.com/lvXfbsj.png

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Water Turret is listed because it sets attack and ignore target masks of all entity prototypes, Squeak Through changes the collision masks. But these changes don't have anything to do with your error, the crash is related to the setting "Game tweaks: Tree yield". The game will start again if you turn it off. I'm working on a fix already. :-)

Pi-C β˜†
3 years ago

This should be fixed in version 0.18.32/1.1.2.

New response