Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
27 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed?] Error loading Mod

4 years ago

I am getting the following error:

Failed to load mods: Error in assignID, tile with name 'vegatation-green-grass-3'does not exist.

Source: fertiliser (item).

Modes to be disabled: Bio_Industries (0.18.4)

Any ideas?

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

No, but I'll look into it. Do you have a save game you could provide?

EDIT: Does it really say "vegatation" in the error message? That would be a typo …

4 years ago

Sorry....the typo is mine.

4 years ago

I don't have a save game for it. It is when the game is first loading in the mods.

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago

What other mods do you have? Is Alien Biomes installed? "vegetation-green-grass-*" should only be used in that case.

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ooops, made a double post. Can reuse this one then: could you restart the game and paste the contents of the log file (factorio-current.log)?

4 years ago

I do have Alien Biomes installed.

4 years ago

Interesting...your question helped me to solve it. If you don't have "green grass" selected as a type of tile in Alien Biomes then Bio Industries won't load. When I enabled that tile it loaded with no issue.

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago

OK, thanks for reminding me that you can turn off tiles in AB! So just checking that the mod is active isn't enough, I also need to check that tile actually exists …

I'll fix that for the next release!

4 years ago

Thanks so much and I love Bio Industries!

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago

:-)

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Geez, you found some major bug here! I thought it would be an easy fix where I just needed to add another condition to our tests. In the end, I've spent hours on fixing it because I still got the same error as before. Turns out that not only BI didn't check the settings, but Alien Biomes didn't respect its own settings either and replaced "grass-3" with "vegetation-green-grass-3" again although "Include Tiles: Grass - Green" was turned off!

I've informed Earendel, so it can be fixed in Alien Biomes as well because this issue may also affect other mods. So, thanks again for finding this! :-D

Pi-C β˜†
4 years ago

It should be fixed in versions 0.17.38/0.18.5, please try it out!

New response