Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Find bug

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Thanks for finding this! Apparently, the graphic files from "Pyanodons Coal Processing" were moved to "Pyanodons Coal Processing Graphics" just 2 weeks ago.

I've fixed this for 0.18.2. Until it's uploaded (there's something else delaying it for now), you can fix this yourself if you open Bio_Industries_0.18.01.zip and change lines 572-577 in data-updates from

-- Bio_Farm/item.lua:105:               name = "bi-ash",
        data.raw.item["bi-ash"] = nil
        data.raw.recipe["bi-ash-1"].icon = "__pycoalprocessing__/graphics/icons/ash.png"
        data.raw.recipe["bi-ash-1"].icon_size = 32
        data.raw.recipe["bi-ash-2"].icon = "__pycoalprocessing__/graphics/icons/ash.png"
        data.raw.recipe["bi-ash-2"].icon_size = 32

to

-- Bio_Farm/item.lua:105:               name = "bi-ash",
        data.raw.item["bi-ash"] = nil
        data.raw.recipe["bi-ash-1"].icon = "__pycoalprocessinggraphics__/graphics/icons/ash.png"
        data.raw.recipe["bi-ash-1"].icon_size = 32
        data.raw.recipe["bi-ash-2"].icon = "__pycoalprocessinggraphics__/graphics/icons/ash.png"
        data.raw.recipe["bi-ash-2"].icon_size = 32
4 years ago

2 bug.. 1 Bug fixed
https://yadi.sk/i/YFJZ2V0izwJg0A

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Sorry, can't reproduce. What version did you use: 0.17.36 or 0.18.2? Could you send me a savegame? Perhaps it only crashes with some mod I don't have installed…

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have the same problem as Airat9000, so I tested some things and (in my case) versions 0.18.01 and 0.18.02 have this issue. Version 0.18.00 is fine. Also this problem occurred on clean installation of Factorio witch only Bio Industries and Factorio Standard Library instald.

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

I don't get it! I've started up Factorio with just BI + stdlib. I've put log() commands around the code where it allegedly crashes, everything goes correct, I get the main menu, and I can load save games from there.

According to the error message, this happens in the block where the volume for the vehicle_impact_sound is set. But printing the values after it's done shows that the volume is set to the correct value. What's going on here?

Could you restart Factorio with just BI + stdlib and post factorio-current.log after the crash, please?

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Thank you! I could reproduce the crash now by downgrading Factorio from 0.18.6 to the version you use (0.18.3). Please update Factorio to the latest version and try again! :-)

4 years ago

Works now, thanks! It looks like problem was caused by my dependence on GOG to auto update game to latest version, but it's seme GOG is on 0.18.3.

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Nice that it works! Just wondering: What would happen if the mod depended on a Factorio version >0.18.3? Would GOG silently turn off BI, or would you have a chance to try the in-game updater?

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Updating Factorio to the latest version is one way to fix the crash, but with some help from eradicator (who pointed out the obvious which I was too blind to see) I've found the cause of the crash: BI used the new impact sounds defined in Factorio 0.18.4; in earlier versions they just didn't exist…

It should be really fixed in BI 0.18.3. :-)

New response