Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] 0.17.75: Crash on loading game

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Just updated and got this error:

Failed to load mods: entity prototype "bi-curved-rail-wood-bridge" (curved-rail): rail collision masks must collide with themselves.
Modifications: Bio Industries › Will-o'-the-Wisps updated

Mods to be disabled:
• Bio_Industries
• Will-o-the-Wisps_updated
4 years ago

I'm getting the same thing

4 years ago

Temporary fix until mod author fixes this:
In the entities.lua file in the prototypes\wood products folder change the collision mask as shown here.
--collision_mask = { "object-layer", "not-colliding-with-itself" },
collision_mask = {"object-layer"},
This needs to be changed in two places for the straight and curved bridge rails.
I am not using any of the bridges in this mod so I don't know if there are any side effects after doing this.

4 years ago

Should be fixed now. Please let me know if there are any other issues. I'm not currently actively playing.

4 years ago

Thank you.

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Thanks for the quick fix! The game is loading again. I'm still reverting to 0.17.74 for now as Cargo Ships has a similar error (actually, the change in 0.17.75 should affect all mods adding new rails).

4 years ago

Hello I have the same problem with space exploration..

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hello I have the same problem with space exploration..

Uncomment line 6 from prototypes/entity/rail.lua by changing

--"object-layer",

to

"object-layer",
Pi-C ☆
4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

(Double post removed)

4 years ago

thank you pi it worked apperantly (: you saved my save game

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

:-)

4 years ago

Hi. I've added the "object-layer" but still I get the error.
Here is an img:
https://imgur.com/a/1zt521e

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Did you add it for both straight and curved rails?

4 years ago

Yes, added to Wooden straight rail for Bridge and Wooden curved rail for Bridge

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Jamiech1 provided a correct solution for a specific problem, but it isn't complete. I just had a look at prototypes/Wood_Products/entities.lua again, and the rails for bridges aren't the only rails that this mod defines. There are also the normal wooden rails (straight + curved, lines 940-998) and the powered rails (straight + curved, lines 1038-1070). There is no collision mask defined for any of these rails, so I guess you have to add it to these to.

I didn't notice this before because I currently use wooden rails only to bridge some water, and I don't have powered rails yet, so Jamiech's solution did fix the problem I had. :-)

4 years ago

Adding to all the rails solved the problem. THX

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

You're welcome!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

You are awesome

4 years ago

Yeah still crashing on load, bi-curved-rail-wood-bridge does not collide with other track entities. Game loads without BI but then I'd be missing quite a lot, including most of my tracks... I can't make the edit locally as it needs to be synched across other players on the server and the server doesn't push mods to players, rather the clients grab the still-broken mod from the mod portal.

4 years ago

^ same here

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Does this mod fix it for you?

4 years ago

yes

New response