Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
26 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Terraformer bug (water input)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I have a little error with them. I build 4 of them, connected them to some water, put some adv. fertilizer in it and startet that "0x Change terrain - advanced" recipe. After that i teared down the pipes (It should not need more water, since the recipe will not complete)

The error was:

Fluid amount has to be positive.
stack traceback:
Bio_Industries/conrol_arboretum.lua:171: in function 'Get_Arboretum_Recipe'
Bio_Industries/conrol.lua:760: in function <Bio_Industries/conrol.lua:750
[C]: in function 'pcall'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:335: in function 'dispatch_event'
stdlib/stdlib/event/event.lua:413: in function <____stdlib__/stdlib/event/event.lua:369>

I got this about every 10 seconds (i had placed 4 buildings)

Then I build it again and didn't destroy the pipes. This way I didn't got the error. Afterwards I teared down the pipes and I got the errors again.

Then I build the pipes again, connect it, and disconnect it from the water pump. I saw that the water in the pipes was falling, and when it was to low, the errors started again.

So, it looks like, that it uses water, dispite that the recipe did not complete.
And it also looks like, that bug happens, every time there is to less water.

PS: nice mod!

4 years ago

Thanks for the report. I'll look into this when I get a moment.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I don't know if its related but I've had a error report pop up as well in relation to the same issue Synessus has had, but the error line appears to be different for me.

Error while running event Bio_Industries::on_sector_scanned (ID7)
Fluid amount has to be positive.
stack traceback:
_Bio_Industries /control_arboretum.lua:288:in function 'Get_Arboretum_Recipe'
Bio_Industries /control.lua:767:in function < Bio_Industries /control.lua:754>
stack traceback:
[C]:in function '
newindex'
Bio_Industries /control.arboretum.lua:288:in function 'Get Arboretum_Recipe'
_Bio_Industries /control.lua:767:in function < Bio_Industries _/control.lua:754>

My error allows for about 5-10mins of play before it hits the non-recoverable crash. And Instead of 4 Terraformers I have 6, 2 using standard fertilizer, 4 using advanced fertilizer, and it's only after I started using advanced this error cropped up. I did how ever notice that 1 of the advanced fertilizer using terraformer's had it's water usage stuck at 50% I had removed the terraformer and all piped water to it, and placed it again from there on it seemed to work normally again. But the terraformer was not drawing water through the pipe to it? as my piping was connected to a factory for a barreled water setup which has halted production. I'm gonna dabble around and try load up the last autosave, and see how long factorio will keep playing without that particular terraformer. (apologies for the format this is my first post)
Edit: 30mins later and after the removal of the suspicious terraformer factorio plays like normal.
Edit: 40 mins later the other advanced fertilizer using terraformers aquire the same error, I have now removed them from game play to keep stability.

4 years ago

Is this not fixed with 0.17.31?

4 years ago

Nope I'm currently running 0.17.63

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I mean Bio Industries 0.17.31, I thought I fixed the water issue...
Could I get a save?
Thx

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Oops my apologies it seems as though I hadn't updated your Mod and that appears to be the cause of the problem I was on 0.17.27 I believe, sorry for the trouble (I forget Factorio doesn't auto update it's active mods) Brilliant Mod btw :)

New response