Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
27 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Wood and Musk Floor items build landfill tiles

4 years ago

As the title says, I'm having some issue when loading/unloading mods that causes wood and musk floor to only build landfill, by which I mean the grey tile. It doesn't actually replace water.
From what I can gather and remember:
I had Alien Biomes and Bio Industries installed. Here it worked, but then got got Dectorio. It still worked at that point.
I then decided to disable Dectorio, from then on I had the issue, at least that's what my memory tells me. Trying to disable/enable Bio Industries and Dectorio in any order appears to have no effect. Disabling Alien Biomes fixes the problem, reenabeling it causes it once again, order doesn't matter here either.
I have no error messages, but the items show some odd mod sources.
Wood has:
Base mod > Alien Biomes
Base mod > Bio Industries > Alien Biomes >Bio Industries
Musk Floor has:
Base mod > Alien Biomes
Bio Industries > Alien Biomes

No clue what this means or where it comes from. Haven't seen anyone else post about it either.

4 years ago

Hey Zahnfeechen,

It's a little hard to follow what's going on...

I just tested Bio Industries and Alien Biomes. (I always play with those).
The Musk Floor and wood floors, (made from wood) seem to work as intended. Can't build on water and looks like they should when placed.

It must have something to do with adding/removing Dectorio. But I have not tested.
I guess start a new game without Dectorio and let me know if it persists.

4 years ago

Oh, I was always trying with new games. I might add that the map editor doesn't even show the two tiles as existing
I tried the following (writing as I go):
-Delete Dectorio from the mods folder
Did nothing
-Delete Bio Industries and Alien Biomes too, then reinstall ingame
Still happens
-Fire up notebook, update factorio there, install BI and AB
This takes ages... Works! All the more curious.
-On PC, set "disable all vegetation" in AB's settings to false (was true before)
Nope
-Notebook again, get and then disable Dectorio
Works with it. Works without it too.
-On PC, move the entire mods folder. Start game, get AB and BI ingame at the same time, try again.
Works. Now we're getting somewhere!
-Use backup software to compare files of AB and BI in new and old mods folder
Supposedly identical
-Dump old mods back into mods folder, excluding BI, AB, Dectorio, the mod list file and the settings
Some error messages from old mods later: It's back. Is something else causing this?
-Disable Asphalt Roads
Welp guess that was it. I think I did get this at the same time as Dectorio. Tiles works again. Let's double check.
-Get Asphalt Roads on Notebook
And confirmed.

What's causing this I have no clue.

New response