Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
27 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Wooden fences and gates

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Something else I just noticed: there is no such thing as wooden gates. I'm playing with Research Causes Evolution, so I'm going rather slow: Fast inserters and the steel axe are the most advanced technologies I've researched yet, at almost 15 hours in the game. :-) So far, dart turrets are doing a great job at keeping biters at bay, now that I have a steady early wood production going. I'm currently trying to fence in my mining areas (still with burner drills) and power station/wood production, and I find that I'm lacking gates.

The default gates look out of place between wooden fences. Also, default gates require green circuits as ingredients, which seems logical because you can control the gates via circuit network and even if you don't, there must be some kind of sensor to determine when to open or close a gate. Somehow, I have the feeling that electronic sensors would not fit in with the rather primitive wooden fences. But leaving a gap in the perimeter also seems like a bad idea.

Honestly, I have no idea how to implement wooden gates without breaking immersion. So, how do you use the wooden fences? Do you just leave gaps heavily protected by dart turrets, or do you remove/rebuild palisades if you want to go out?

4 years ago

Yeah, no Wooden gates. I feel like Wooden fences are very early tech, before gates.
Gates come after stone walls, so you won't ever have wooden gates...

Pi-C ☆
4 years ago

Makes sense. Well, I'll have to think of a clever design then so biters won't walk straight into the base. :-)

New response