Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
27 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b [0.17.3] Fuel value of charcoal too high?

Pi-C ☆
5 years ago

Why should I go through all the trouble and research to convert charcoal into coal when its fuel value is already 1.5 times as high as that of coal (6.0 MJ vs. 4.0 MJ)? :-)

5 years ago

Charcoal has a higher fuel value, but also causes slightly more pollution.

Pi-C ☆
5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Oh, I see. That would make sense! I probably just didn't think of it because there is no info about the pollution value of coal readily available -- neither in the game nor in the wiki.

But I just noticed another bug on my terminal when Factorio restarted:

86.493 Error CachedChangelog.cpp:37: Failed to parse changelog for mod Bio Industries: invalid changelog file, error on line 8, duplicate Date: line.

Apparently, you forgot to change date and version when you added the entry for (what should have been) 0.17.3. Could you correct that, please, so people can read your changelog directly from the game (Mods section)?

5 years ago

Fixed.
Thanks.

Pi-C ☆
5 years ago

Sorry for being such a pest, but there was another parsing error:

35.118 Error CachedChangelog.cpp:37: Failed to parse changelog for mod Bio Industries: invalid changelog file, error on line 30, missing Version: line.

The last line must be removed. Apparently, a line with only dashes signifies that a new entry starts in the next line; therefore, the parser expects another line beginning with "Version:" …

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

This will be fixed with the next release:

Version: 0.17.4
Date: 3. 5. 2019
Features:
- Dart Bullet Damage tweak

Version: 0.17.3
Date: 3. 4. 2019
Bugfix:
- One last Raw-Wood fix

Version: 0.17.2
Date: 3. 4. 2019
Features:
- Removed axe Upgrade tweak
- Wood Pipe cheaper
- Moved Stone Crusher to be unlocked by Steel Processing
- Changed old wood board to become Wooden-Board if playing with Bob's Electronics

Version: 0.17.1
Date: 2. 28. 2019
Bugfix:
- Deleted "migrations". Should not be necessary

Version: 0.17.0
Date: 2. 27. 2019
Features:
- Initial Release of 0.17

Pi-C ☆
5 years ago

Thanks, it works now! :-)

New response