Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Please change Bio Farms back to producing Raw Wood only.

5 years ago

I am not sure when the update occurred that made it so that bio farms produce both Raw Wood and Wood Pulp, but I feel that it makes things unnecessarily complicated. Before this change, we could just create a logistics system that could send the Raw Wood where it needed to go and have it get turned into Wood Pulp where we wanted to do so. The new production at the Bio Farm creates new complications such as the following. 1. We are now forced to filter and separate the two products from one production facility. 2. This forces us to create a separate set of logistics for the Wood Pulp, which gets messy especially without having access Logistics Robots for a long time. 3. There will be a backup of Wood Pulp, especially early on since it is not used as much as raw wood, which will in turn cause a shortage of Raw Wood which is needed to continue the Bio Farm cycle of production.
In short, Please revert back to having the Bio Farm only produce Raw Wood at its previous production rates.

5 years ago

I hear you, but I have wood pulp integrated in a lot of recipes and feel it's needed.
If it really a deal breaker for you, I'd say maybe add Bob's Green house and use his wood for that part of your factory. (There's probably other mods also.)
or edit the code yourself.

5 years ago

It is not possible to grow tree in the production of wood without receiving small wood waste. So Wood Pulp looks very harmonious here. I collect all to middle box and then filtering manipulators put on the right conveyor track.

New response