Bio Industries

Provides useful buildings and items, like the Bio Farm for growing trees. Solar Farm and Large Accumulator to make your electric setup easier. Bio Fuel section to produce organic plastic and batteries. Lots of New Wood Products, like the big electric pole, wooden pipes, dart turret. Plant trees using seedlings. Change terrain from deserts to grasslands using Fertilizer - helps trees grow better. And a lot more… Please visit the homepage on the forums for more information and feedback.

Content
6 months ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Map crash when used with omnifluid

6 years ago

https://i.imgur.com/3YOY0b7.png

How to reproduce:
1. Build a terraformer
2. Let the scanner explore a sector
3. Error message above appears.

It also seems that the Terraformer doesn't attach to grid properly (You can move the Terraformer with great precision when placing it down instead of the game trying to attach it to the grid)

6 years ago

Thanks, looking into it.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hey, to follow up on my previous message; it seems that the game will force snap-to-grid for the terraformer, even though it seems that it initially would not (by selecting it in your inventory to place down. It would still be nice to make sure it also snaps to grid during "placing it down".)

Some more analysis for you:

control.lua line line #815:
script.on_event(defines.events.on_sector_scanned, function(event)

Is the event that triggers the error, it moves to line #825 in the same file, which requests for the recipe. This leads to...

control_arboretum.lua line #27:
if recipe ~= nil and ArboretumTable.inventory.fluidbox[1] ~= nil then

Omnifluids attempts to change all recipes to require solid objects instead of fluids (A few exceptions exist). This mod was developed to reduce UPS usage by reducing requirements for pipes (fluids). Your control_arboretum.lua line #27 is probably looking for a fluidbox that doesn't exist because Omnifluid changed the recipes to solids. However, I am not proficient enough with lua to suggest an exact solution to this problem to you.

You could probably change the code to something like "if the recipe requires fluids... elseif..."

Hope my garbling was at least somewhat useful to you. Good luck, absolutely love your mod!

6 years ago

TSP,
The grid snap issue has to do with the entity you hold, is not the entity placed. I use a turret to show the player the visual range of the Terraformar. Once you place it, it changes to the actual terraformer. I think in 0.17 there will be a solution for this.

As for the crash, you're spot in. I look in the fluid box if there is water. The problem is the omnifluid removes the box...

I think I will have to check if omnifluid is installed. if found, I'll have to treat the test different. I'm out the next few days, so will get to it next week.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

6 years ago

Okay, I added some support for Omnifluid. It will not crash, will only deduct 1 water vs. 100, but that's the sacrifice for making it work :)

6 years ago

Thank you for making it work. The water part is relatively infinitely more expensive if you consider that you can get water for free in vanilla, especially if you stack it up with omniwater which makes the process a lot harder.

That's not a complaint though, I like it that way because the terraformer is very useful and quite powerful so this is a good offset in my opinion!

Again, cheers!

6 years ago

Cool!

New response